TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 June 2016
I purchased 2 of these back in 2014 and never got round to putting in a review, seeing as they're still being sold, I'll make some remarks. Overall, more than happy with their service and I'd certainly rate and recommend them to anyone thinking about getting one.

I would have given 5 stars if it wasn't for the apparent major fluctuations in price of these babies, so value for money gives it a small black mark. (It is worth noting that this could well be down to different suppliers applying their own heavy profit margins or simply a supply and demand issue driving prices up. However, when I purchased my 2nd one 20 days after the 1st one back in 2014, they were heading for double the price). The fact that I snapped a second one up despite the price being nearly doubled though is definitely testament to how impressed I was at the time and continue to be today by these devices. I've put them through their paces in many regards and both are still operating well and producing good videos. They can take a bit of punishment as well; mine have certainly had various run ins over time, primarily with the ground and it hasn't affected them at all. (NOTE:. If you are intending to use these under extreme wet conditions or underwater, it's VERY important that you ensure that the blank plate/ WiFi Podz addon is properly seated and sealed at the rear of the camera or you will turn it into an expensive door stop. Mine have been used in all conditions and underwater and they've been fine)!! I also purchased the add on "WiFi Podz" for both cams to allow remote viewing, streaming, etc. With ION's free app for Android/IOS they're really simple to set up, control and use. You directly connect your device to the camera as opposed to your camera being available on a network which is slightly limiting but not a huge issue, again, this is very simple and easy to do. The software in the early days was a bit glitchy, but updates have addressed most issues so no real complaints there other than to say that the battery level reported over WiFi by the ION software is invariably not as low as the software tells you it is and that feature isn't particularly accurate. I am wondering what's happening with the 2016 prices though?? One cost me £99.99 and the second later one £180. Now I notice they're well North of £300, plus you'll probably want to purchaxe the WiFi Podz to allow live streaming, etc as well. With the cost up over £300 you can now by updated versions with built in WiFi, although in that regard admittedly I'm not sure if they are as rugged or are the same quality as the Air Pro "Sports" version. They're small, very lightweight, extremely durable and have all sorts of various addons available for mounting in various ways and means, or simply put them on a tripod if you'd like to take a more steady handed recording. For the money I paid for mine I can't fault them at all and 2 years on I would buy another as a replacement if one of mine decided it had, had enough......Except, not for the + £300 they are currently being priced at, that is a tad on the steep side!!
on 30 October 2013
I've tried the GoPro Hero, and it's fine, but very fiddly - you really don't know whether it's on or not! I much prefer the bullet camera form factor anyway. This is so easy to use - just slide the button and it starts recording immediately. High quality video and snapshots, with vibrating feedback to know something is happening.

The app for your smartphone is very basic, and I initially had a lot of trouble getting the phone to recognise the camera properly. Resetting the camera worked. I used it to record large chinks of high quality video for the RideLondon 100. It seems to hold its charge well - another criticism of the GoPro - and I have never yet run out of battery. Really nice and well designed kit, if the app and software are a bit clunky. Comes with a range of fixings - I've only used it on the very neat handlebar mount, so can't comment on helmet mounting, etc.
on 13 July 2015
Essential for all my bike rides. I fix it under my rear saddle bag (which is affixed under the saddle) hence upside down - recorded orientation is perfect ever time! So I record all vehicles overtaking me just above the tyre. On the FHD setting all vehicle registration plates are clearly visible (not on the HD setting). My priority is recording in case of an accident. I delete all data and recharge after every trip. Sometimes also record forward action (dashboard mounted) when vehicle driving again to support an accident as a Dashcam!

I don't want to keep any footage but if I did then I would want really High Quality Reproduction Video so it's not quite 5 Stars from me!, that said a very good buy - depends on want you want it for!!
on 1 October 2013
Its a little beast! Have used it on my bike, my helmet, on a makeshift monopod. Comes with the mounts to attach to helmets, poles or other devices wher it would need to be mounted. Right angle and straight ball mount included as well.

You will need to get a Micro SD card for the memory and this does NOT come with the Wifi-Podz.

Video quality is quite passable, I have a bit of a hazing on one of the edges of the video and the audio is very sensitive to wind buffering and noise.
on 30 December 2013
Bought for my husband for Xmas - he has had good fun playing with it round the house but has yet to venture out on his bike with it. First impressions are good.

A few months on I can report that my husband has been very happy with the product. He tried wearing it on his helmet but found it difficult to direct due to changes in riding position and more importantly found it surprisingly heavy after a while. It also squeaked a lot on its mounting which spoilt the recording. He now mounts it on his bike and has managed to get rid of the annoying squeak. The video quality is good and the camera seems robust, having come out better than my husband after a recent tumble.
on 12 September 2014
did capture day and night movie on my motorcycle. moving images are not very clear and even less so at night. may be my scooter vibrates too much. sound capture is good. it is supposed to be water tight and water proof up to 10m. I took it down to shallow dive but the cap came off and water went in and ruin the camera and my SD card. Fair enough the company gave me a refund after more than a month long investigation of the unit, but I still lost money on my expensive SD card.
on 16 November 2014
Its like a drift but paying 3 times less. Maybe a little bit an issue with mounts provided, but not a biggie. For me its a exceptional piece of kit for the money. Wind noise on a master level when you ride 100+ but you can put a sock or something else on it and the wind will be not as noticable.
Great product.
on 15 February 2017
One click recording only issue I have is you either got to hook it up to computer to view your video or delete .Or use the wifi and download app to see on phone
on 26 March 2015
great camera, helmet mount sticks out too far but you can get helmet mount kits that are better.
on 18 July 2013
I really like this product except for the clip that is supposed to hold it in place on a bicycle. It broke the very first time I used it. I now have to try and make sure it is tied to the mount with a piece of string (supplied). It has come lose a few times but without any damage so far.