TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 12 February 2016
We bought the Gro-Egg a few years ago when we had our first daughter, and then saw this when we were due with our second. Since our 1st loves penguins, we thought that we'd get this as a bit of fun.

It has no functional value, but very cute and fun.

As a new reviewer on Amazon would you mind marking as useful or not useful so I can improve if needed!
15 people found this helpful
on 15 June 2018
Ok so the gro egg serves a purpose, I found the egg itself a reassurance in the early days of having my first child. I felt better looking at the egg and knowing if the temperature of my babies room was just right or if I needed to warm it up or cool it down. As a first time parent I bought lots of things that really were not necessary and this definetly makes the list. Yes it makes the gro egg look like a glowing owl but in the time you will use the egg your baby in my opinion will likely not be remotely interested in whether it looks like an egg or an owl! But I guess if you have an owl thermed room it would compliment it well! I wouldn't recommend this product unless it's important to you that you gro egg looks like an owl :)
One person found this helpful
on 29 May 2017
Nice additional item, not a necessity by any means, but looks cute on the gro egg. I thought it slightly misleading in the description where it says 'clip-on' as it is a soft plastic 'top' which you sort of wedge onto the top of the gro egg, rather than any sort of clip to it, but seeing as it doesn't make any difference to using it, I guess it doesn't matter anyway! Light shines through from the gro egg, this cap seems to dull the light only very slightly.
on 4 October 2017
Very cute addition to the gro egg. My son really likes it. He is only two so if he gets his hands on the egg the shell usually comes off but that's not a massive issue for us. It is completely unnecessary and serves no purpose to the gro egg but I like it enough to be purchasing it again for my new baby and his gro egg.
on 27 June 2016
Really cute addition to the Gro-Egg (see my other review for my mixed feelings towards that!). Turns a thermometer into a decoration for the nursery. Was made of a more rubbery material than I expected, and doesn't glow as much as I expected either but it fits perfectly and really is worth the extra few quid if you're going to buy a Gro-Egg.
One person found this helpful
on 13 September 2017
Completely unnecessary purchase but thought it was cute and couldn't resist! Fits nicely on top of the gro egg although agree with other reviewers that it does stop the light shining through so brightly. However you can still easily see the light at night so it's not a major issue. Really pleased with it
on 9 November 2016
Love this little addition to the Gro-Egg room temperature monitor.
review image
3 people found this helpful
on 15 April 2017
Such a cute little night light and I find the thermometer very handy as well, so I know how to dress my little one (it comes with a handy table with instructions). Only downside I would say is that when you leave it on at night, and the room cools down, the light goes from yellow to blue and it woke me and my baby up.
on 16 July 2017
After buying the gro egg this came up as a suggested item and I decided I had to have it to make the little ones gro egg a little cuter, and it's perfect.

Looks super cute and fits in with my woodland theme.
on 22 April 2015
all good, dont make the same mistake as i did & think it was the thermometer its just a cover for the base unit . haha
4 people found this helpful