Customer reviews

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed: Limited Edition (Playstation Vita)
Platform: PlayStation Vita|Edition: Limited Edition|Change
Price:£12.99 - £48.95

on 14 June 2016
Awesome racing game with all the characters from the Sonic the hedgehog universe, your car can transform into boats and aircraft which brings a new mechanic to the sonic racing games. There is loads of things to unlock including tracks and new characters, this game is no pushover whatsoever so be prepared for normal or hard difficulty to be REALLY hard but it will keep you entertained for hours, the graphics are superb for a racing game on a handheld as well, I have also played this game on the Nintendo DS and this by far looks way better, this limited edition version also comes with a DLC code for an extra character and a few tracks so make sure you have access to the internet if you want to claim it.
on 15 April 2014
This game is amazing!

After I saw the Mario Kart 8 trailer I became hungry for a new kart racer. As I don’t own a WiiU, I looked at some alternatives and came across this game. I've read a couple of reviews stating that the game runs poorly, but I haven't encountered any poor framerates, which is likely due to the update released. If you were considering to pick up this game, buy the REGULAR RETAIL EDITION! (this one.) I usually download my games, but in the online store it costs £34.00. The Limited edition here as of the time written is £20.00, but doesn't add anything apart from an extra stage and racer. The level isn't very impressive and can be bought online for £2.00 anyway. also if you're are thinking of buying this on iOS or 3DS don't. on iOS you're stuck with ads, poor controls and micro transactions and on 3DS the frame rate is really bad.

POSITIVE:
- It has all the content of the console versions.
- It feels really fast, but not to the point it's overwhelming.
- It also feels fair, in comparison to Mario Kart especially. It's alternative to blue shells is a bee swarm power up, which can be avoided with some skill. The game can be pretty difficult at times, but I like a bit of challenge. However, if you do feel that the stage you're stuck on is too hard, at the end of the level it allows you to change the difficulty level without any extra loading. The only thing you'll need the harder difficulty levels for is to gain more stars to unlock new characters, so you might miss a couple.
-The game looks good. It doesn't look nearly as good as the console and PC counterparts, but don't detract anything from the gameplay. The only major difference in the graphics are not necessarily the textures, but more the lighting that makes the game look so great on consoles. That being said, if you don't compare the versions, you won't miss anything.

NEGATIVE:
- the boat physics feel a little bit off sometimes. A couple of times I have found myself being turned around after a jump or drift and losing a couple of places because of this.
- If there is one major thing to say about this game is that there is nobody online anymore. I've tried to connect a couple of times over two days and then gave up. I might try to connect later, but I'm doubtful I'll find anyone. (If you have bought game and want to play online feel free to add me on psn - 'hellocom2'

Overall a very good buy especially at this price. This will definitely stay in my precious vita game slot for a long time.
on 28 January 2013
Having gotten used to Need for Speed Most Wanted, I thought this game might be a bit "childish", but it`s surprisingly good! Excellent graphics and the music is cool too. Only played for around 30 minutes, but feel sure I`ll be playing this game again later. Only in Grand Prix mode so far, but hope to tackle the World Tour soon? Highly recommended game.......great fun so far!
on 14 February 2018
Good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 18 July 2013
This game is Ace! Its great fun for all ages with plenty to do on it. You can connect online and play against your friends which is a cool extra to allow that competitive side of you drive wild. Well worth the money and nice to have it in your games collection.
on 4 May 2013
Awesome, looks as good on Vita as it does on XBox360 (oops, & Ps3). Fun to play & with the transformations, its like Spy Hunter (anyone who grew up in the 80's will understand), you get the same buzz on each change of vehicle (well retro for me, seeing as nobody has done a decent Spy Hunter since the early 'Noughties). Spot On, well done Sega/Sumo Digital.
on 2 December 2013
Bought this for my vita as growing up was a massive fan of the mario kart series and this is a really good kart racer bold and beautiful,its just a shame there are not more people online but with this months PS+ giving this that may change a little hopefully.
on 12 May 2013
This is a good game, but finishes too quickly, I would not necessarily recommend this game to others consider the cost of the game
on 28 January 2015
It is a really fun game I really enjoy playing it.
on 1 May 2015