Format: Audio CD|Change

on 8 November 2012
I only previewed a few songs on the album before I knew I wanted to buy this. Lawson, in my opinion are one of the rare bands that show off their voices, the instruments aren't overly loud but played really well and there isn't any "techno." The lyrics are heartfelt on pretty much all of the songs and I just enjoy listening to them.

Standing in the Dark and Taking Over Me are the more upbeat songs I think and they're both amazing. But my favourite on the album is track eight, its called Learn to Love Again and I could listen to it all day. Again I'm going to say that the lyrics are absolutely lovely.

Would definitely recommend this, in one word it is Amazing.
on 17 November 2012
Absolutely brilliant album. Could just play it over and over again. Remind me a bit of The Script but equally as good and different. Definitely glad I bought the deluxe version too with the extra songs. *********
on 4 January 2013
Better than the wanted. It is an extremely good album and has multiple great songs with meaning for the listener. (Jess aged 13)
on 12 March 2016
I just love Lawson. Definitely not your typical boy band as they produce music which is soft rock and very easy to listen to. Think Chapman Square is written by the lead singer after he has split up with his girlfriend and so some of the songs are about the heartache that you went through making the song is very genuine and lyrics that you can easily relate to. Some of my favourite songs include Standing in the Dark, when she was mine, and Taking Over me. This album is fantastic and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys the softer side of rock music with songs you can sing along to and the lyrics make you think a little deeper than the usual top 40 rubbish so definitely worth a listen.
on 21 July 2014
I have had this album for some time now and even though I love it they don't seem to be doing any new material. Is it because Andy Brown has nothing more to say because him and Mollie King from The Saturdays, who all the songs are mostly about since she broke up with him, are not getting back together and he has nothing more in his life to write about?? Sad if that is the case as he is a very talented singer (unlike her and The Saturdays) and songwriter. I just hope he goes on to write more feel good songs instead of the sad heartfelt songs he has written on this album which, although they were very good, I felt were very personal to him and left me feeling a bit depressed. They are so much more talented than The Saturdays and the stupid manufactured singers like them and if they don't get something new out shortly they will just fade away which will be a shame. Personally I would have Lawson any day over The Saturdays!
on 11 January 2013
I bought this album after reading in an interview by Lawson that they'd rather be compared to bands such as The Script and One Republic as they play their own instruments; The Script is my favourite band and I loved Lawson's singles When She Was Mine and Standing in the Dark.

The album is fantastic, Andy Brown is such a talented songwriter- all the songs are lyrical genius. My favourite track is the last track, The Girl I Knew which is a real tearjerker. They're a breath of fresh air among the One Direction-esque boybands who only rely on image instead of talent and their sound is almost like a pop-ier Coldplay/Kings of Leon. I'd really recommend this!
on 3 November 2012
Being a fan of Lawson, I couldn't wait to get it, it came promptly and have been listening to it none stop since. If you like The Script you will love this album.
on 3 February 2013
I haven't stopped listening to this since it arrived! Love every track :) Definitely one of my favourite albums already.
VINE VOICEon 24 March 2013
I heard Lawson on the one show and thought I like the sound of their music and went out and bought this cd. I have not been disappoined and will be buying more of their music in the future. There is a nice mixture of songs on this cd and love all of them. I am glad I heard them on the tv because I until this time had never heard of them. Nice to buy something new for a change and not the same songs as before. Love it and am sure you will too. Good condition, good price and arrived on time.
on 26 October 2012
First class service from Amazon as normal. The CD, just go and buy it. Best instrument playing band to pop up for ages and one fantastic album. Four decent guys not trying to be something they're not other than really, really good musicians. OK, it's a wee bit 'poppy' but easy on the ears. Big times ahead for Lawson, no doubt about it.