TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 September 2016
I ordered this item to stop our mischievous GSD puppy from stealing the coals off our coal effect gas fire!

The guard is well made & the appearance fits well with our fireplace. It's not quite wide enough to cover the fire opening so stands slightly proud of the fire but that's my fault for not measuring before ordering!!

As far as keeping my coals safe from thieving teeth - it works quite well, he hasn't got to the coals but does sometimes grab hold of the ring on the front & pull the guard over but in time he'll learn to leave it alone.

It will certainly be very useful when the fire is on for avoiding a burnt nose or tail.

Overall I am very happy with this purchase.
review image
6 people found this helpful
on 29 November 2017
First time having a fire guard, I was very impressed by how well it fit, and how nicely balanced it was. From the design, I was worried that it might tip forwards, and how it could be a secure 'guard'. But this one stands nicely on its own, but when up against the open fireplace, it sort of 'leans' towards it in such a way that it almost feels like it is held in place by magnets. (It is not.) But please be clear that this is not a child-safety barrier, you will still need that on the outside of this, as a child can just grab it and pull it aside. This just guards the sparks from flying into the room. It also looks quite dense in the pictures and when in front of a cold fireplace, so I thought I would be wanting it removed while burning a fire. However, as soon as the fire is lit, and the light is coming from behind it, you can hardly see the mesh. I know a lot of this probably sounds obvious, but for someone that has never had a fire guard, I thought this might be useful information to others in the same situation.
on 13 December 2016
This worked great. It really confused Santa when he visited my house last year resulting in him making quite the entrance which woke us all up. We all rushed down to see the magic man for ourselves but it just turned out to be my drunk step dad crawling down the chimney because he forgot his keys again.

House also not on fire, 10/10 would buy again.
4 people found this helpful
on 20 November 2017
this is a good guard it is a solid build and blocks any sparks from getting out from the fire,
that being said it also blocks alot of the heat from getting out also.
we only use it at the end of the night when we go to bed just in case anything pops out or at the very start of the fire getting going again to stop anything jumping out but once up nad going i move aside.
2 people found this helpful
on 8 October 2017
This was purchased to stop the cats fleeing up the chimney! It is in good condition and has only just been applied to the fireplace, it's a little taller than the top lip of the fire surround, but that's fine for stopping the cats escaping up the chimney, I'm sure it will do what it's been bought for, so we are happy with it so far. I think it's really good value for money and it looks great on a black marble fireplace!
on 20 September 2017
At the price it was I wasn't expecting amazing but this isn't even worth a fiver. For a start it arrived with the paint scuffed off of one corner and the handle fitted badly so that it had disfigured the mesh around it... But also as several other reviews claim, it's so ridiculously lightweight and wouldn't even stand flush to my fireplace. Returned.
on 23 October 2017
We paid just over 11 pounds for this fire guard and it's well worth it. We were looking for a second hand fire guard to save money but we took a gamble by buying this cheap one on Amazon and we were so pleased we did. It looks modern and smart, it's functional, and more to the point it hides the fire place so the kids aren't interested in playing with the fire anymore. Excellent value for money.
on 22 December 2017
Listed as 63cm tall, is only 60cm tall and didn't fit my fireplace.
review image
3 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 4 October 2017
Arrived on time and as described. Does the job whilst not looking too bulky or altering the look of my living room. Keeps my daughter from taking the coals off the fire too even when it's not on so all round great product!
on 30 December 2016
A lovely light weight fireguard, but it very good at protecting my mat from spitting embers amd possible coal / wood falling out of my fire. Also the ring that you can move the guard with, is heat resistant as I've found so far, { I can move it with my bare fingers}. a great product for the price and I'd highly recommend this product to anyone.