on 29 June 2013
I've just got a Lenovo Yoga convertible laptop - comes with 128GB of SSD, but it also has a SD slot - so I thought I'd double the amount of capacity by buying this card and just keeping it in the machine all the time. Great decision! Thoroughly recommended
These Kingston Technology 16GB Class 10 SDHC cards come in individual storage boxes and are card mounted. In my view these cards represent an ideal balance between offering reasonable performance and cost. These Kingston cards will be fine for most average pocket camera users and lower end DSLR users - I've tried using them for HD video in our Nikon D7100 and the results are fine. I recorded the following speeds - writing 12-14MB/s and reading 27-30 MB/s which given the price plus the reliability of the Kingston brand makes them great value. Recommended.
on 2 May 2016
Pretty good really. Compared to the video tapes of 10 yrs ago these memory cards are a revelation. Hours of high definition video or thousands of great quality photos on a card no bigger than a 2p coin. Amazing. I'm no IT geek but I can say these are quick and reliable at storing your images and given their tiny size enable you to retain photos you'd previously have deleted to make space. The quality they produce is better than even the best video tapes (unless your a professional I guess?) and enable you to experiment with images without fear of running our of storage. I've taken hundreds of photos and hours of video of a 2 week holiday with memory space to spare. And their cheap enough anyway. The only downside is their easy to misplace...
I've used a few of these cards mostly for compacts/point and shoot cameras, and in line with expectations the cards are just fine with no problems to report to date.

Speed wise I tested them via a USB 3.0 card reader and got (using a combination of video and photo files drag and dropped onto the card)
Write speed: 11-13MB/s
Read speed: 26-30MB/s

That's pretty much in line with the class "10" specification esp write speeds, and similar to other makers cards I have used. So nothing much to nit pick with performance wise. On the other hand...the "Ultimate" Kingston card (16GB) is available for just a few pounds more and does offer a fairly notable boost in speed both in terms of read and write capability (it's a UHS-I card so to get the full potential out of it you need a device that supports that, even if you don't it's a faster card)

Saying that class 10 is fine for most users, and you won't have any problems with recording HD video on these, most devices ask for a min of Class 6 and this is well above that. The bigger capacity cards are fairly cost effective, but if you're shopping for a normal size card (and 16GB is still pretty big) and need some meaty speeds then look at the extreme Sandisk cards or possibly Kingston's "Ultimate" cards which are quite a lot faster in camera. Good value though if you just want a fairly decent card at a low price.
on 7 January 2014
Bought this memory stick to go with my new Nikon CoolPix AW110.
There seems to be a compatibility issue.

The camera will record pictures to the disk but then fail to read them back, giving an error message that the card is unreadable.
I've tried another memory card which works fine in the camera. I've re-formatted this card but still no improvement.

I've tried this memory stick in another device and all seems well.
I hope this is useful to others?
on 28 October 2013
... class 10 card on the market. A highly acceptable version though with a decent compromise between the highest read/write speeds (not actually necessary for most people) at the highest price and the lower class cards which actually do make a difference to shooting speed. With a decent camera buffer, this is proving a most acceptable purchase.
on 5 October 2014
Mixed review. The item issued was literally used once to copy 98Gb of data for a backup onto. Then after a few weeks I tried to override the data to discover that the card had become read only. ( and the 'Lock' slider was set to 'Unlock'! )
I tried to format it on various windows and Mac devices and got various errors from permissions to missing partition blocks. I contacted Kingston direct and they were very helpful, suggesting various tools and software to attempt to rebuild the partitions - all without success. Having exhausted various attempts they offered a replacement, I put the original item in the post and the replacement came within 48 hours. I have only used the replacement twice, and so I hope it does not fail again.
on 4 December 2014
Good value, great capacity. Used in my Lumix TZ60 camera on a recent trip to Vietnam where I used a lot of 'movie' film
on 5 November 2013
Bought this SD card for my Panasonic TZ40. It works fine. Be careful when looking at job lots, (camera, SD card etc).I looked around in Amazon, and got this Card cheaper than that advertised in the job lot.
I have bought several Kingston memory products in the past and have always found them to work perfectly every time, and this card has been no exception. As far as I am concerned they offer good value for money, and with memory prices at their current levels I don't bother to look for cheaper alternatives.