on 27 April 2017
Was very pleased with this and still am. The only issue with it being that I used to be able to download BBC i player programmes, so I didnt then have to worry about screen freezing at times, - but BBC had other ideas I was asked to update, lo, it wouldnt download anymore, with no warning on the update at all. Amazon didnt seem sympathetic. A newer version of kindlefire would have been OK but that might become outdated too. Anyway I have a better BT package now so it only sticks at times, just when a complicated scene or painting appears then it goes into lock down, but is much imroved, - would like to have kept the ability to download programmes though - cant see its beyond having an update, but then I suppose thats a BBC issue.
on 26 June 2013
At last a tablet thing that I can actually work. Straight from the box it is a doddle to use and I am not a technical sort of person, for anyone with the slightest of PC knowledge, your everyday e mailer or even Android phone user this machine will be easy to use. The internet simply connects to your PC wireless connection, I had this up and running in under 3 mins, the email is simply clicked from your main PC account onto the Kindle with the click of a button. Your books from any old Kindle you may have are automatically sent to the fire so you have a seamless transfer and can access everything you own. The music down load capability looks very good, I downloaded a song from Amazon with an hour of using the device. The browser is certainly fast, really cant see why anyone need complain about that. All in all a great buy. Considering that it did not cost as much as some of the funky ones out there I have to say that this device is bang for the buck. Lots of fun without the hole in the pocket.
on 29 July 2013
This seems to be like every other Amazon Kindle product in that it does a good job but it's needlessly expensive. The quality and design are adequate and it does, indeed, offer protection to my Kindle Fire, especially as it's the only one on the market that fits the Kindle so snuggly. The slots in the back let sound out as well as helping to keep the processor cool. The grippy rubberised pad helps it to stand in landscape mode if that what you want, but it doesn't stand very well in portrait mode. The magnetic clip works fine and the 'go to sleep' function is good. This case also lets you charge the device with the case closed.

Leather? Not unless there are genetically modified cows with plastic hides.

Would I buy this again? I guess that I'd just do the same again; look for a comparable product at a less expensive cost then realise that there isn't one and so shell out the cash, grumbling all the way!!
on 15 May 2014
Works seamlessly. Bought this as a present for my wife (she also has an ipad). Whereas most downloads are free with the Kindle, the ipad is limited in this regard. She uses the Kindle for browsing, reading books etc and the clarity of the screen is on a par with the ipad. I would say the Kindle is geared up for playing games, reading books etc rather than emailing but it also does this too on a par with the ipad. On this version there is no rearward facing camera, only the one on the front for Skype calls; the next version up has that facility - not a problem in our case. Good value compared to the ipad and you can connect the Kindle to a TV (HTML) but you can't on the ipad - again not a problem for us. Get the case, it is good value and comes with the 'capacitive pen'.
on 10 September 2013
This is a great case for the kindle fire HD. The materials feel premium and the construction is solid and well put together.
The case has a very helpful magnet built in that will keep the case cover closed and when opened it will automatically wake the tablet.
This case provides excellent protection for both the back and the front of your Kindle fire.
One thing that I really love about the case is that it has raised buttons attached that make it much easier to press he kindle buttons that actually sit almost completely flush with the tablet.

I cannot really think of any real negatives except for maybe the price. I do not mind paying a bit extra for a premium product but I feel this case can still be sold for a bit less.
I will still rate it at a full 5 stars based purely on the great quality of this product.
on 23 August 2013
I bought this for my husband and to say he's well made up would be an understatement, he loves it, it's very handy for around the home, taking on holiday, music plays great and it's handy for me to have in the kitchen and watch tv, all in all a winner.
on 1 March 2016
Absolutely brilliant. Very strong case. My kindle seems to work so much better now. The on/off button was really awkward and easily pressed on, which led to battery wastage. With this case it's so easy to switch on and off but can't accidently switch on like before. Very, very happy with this product and all for just over £4!!!!!!!!! Amazing x
on 18 January 2016
This is NOT a cover for Kindle 8.9, but for Kindle 11. Your Kindle 8.9 will swim and bounce around like a snooker ball in this cover. The package says it is for 8.9, but it is not. I had to return this product twice, having alerted Amazon about this packaging error, but Amazon did not pay attention, and shipped back the same thing, only in a different colour. Very disappointing.
on 12 February 2014
A late convert to Kindle, I finally bought one as I am an avid reader but was finding that holding the pages of bulky books apart was beginning to hurt my fingers and wrists. Basically I purchased this for health reasons if you like. It is perfect as I can read hands free to my hearts content. The definition is excellent and it is really easy to use and navigate. I still tend to use my main PC for films etc as I do prefer a wider screen, but it has definitely solved the problem with my hands and I would therefore recommend it for people with hand problems or a weaker grip who love to read
on 22 December 2013
Firstly, it's top quality. Real leather and a soft inside to protect the screen (I hate those stick on screen protectors). Secondly it really works when open in either portrait or landscape mode to prop the Kindle up at an ideal angle. Thirdly it looks fabulous. I don't this it will fit the latest HDX and I don't like the look of the official cover for that which is one reason for not upgrading.