on 3 September 2013
Firstly, I managed to buy this watch for less than £66 - BARGAIN. I signed up for the Amazon clothing email list, which gave me discount on an already great price. I paid about £20 more than this for my last Seconda watch (which is less readable, more difficult to figure out the setup, & is half as deep again - making it heavier).
I love this watch because it's so beautiful, elegant & stylish (it's also tactical when out on manoeuvres).
I find the main digital display (middle/right) is about the right size & I can see the date without having to put on my reading glasses (which I couldn't do with my Seconda).
The setup is fairly easy & quite standard when it comes to Analogue/Digital style watches (obviously, some things are slightly different but I found the small manual adequate for the things I wasn't sure about).
The functions all work well & are easy to use (Chronograph, timer, stop watch, world time, etc...). The bonus for me was the "gadget" feature: when the hands are covering the main digital display, just press & hold the upper/left button & the hands will smoothly swing around to the 12 'O' clock position to allow you to see the display - press again & they revert back to the correct time - I love this feature because it looks really cool & reminds me of this feature which is incorporated on VERY expensive watches costing several hundreds of pounds more.
The one thing I haven't figured out yet is the slide rule. I've never used any type of slide rule before, so not sure how they work, but I intend to find out (partly because it's an integral part of the watch & is there to be used - & partly because I'm a geek)!

The comments I've seen from other reviewers about the strap seems confusing to me. I have adjusted my strap myself & have had nothing to complain about concerning the strap itself, the safety clasp, the security or integrity of any part of the strap. In fact, the only thing which made me a little unsure about my purchase was the fact that the small label on the back of the watch didn't seem new (it was slightly worn), which makes me think that it's been used by someone, sent back & re-sold to me. I didn't make a big deal out of this because it's all working beautifully & (apart from the little label) appears brand new.

Some reviewers have commented on the size of the face. As far as I'm concerned, the face is pretty much a standard size. Don't go by the "Zoomed In" picture - THE FACE ISN'T REALLY THE SIZE OF YOUR COMPUTER SCREEN!!!

As someone has already commented, this is very similar to the Citizen Promaster Navihawk / BlueAngels. OK, it hasn't got all the bells & whistles that they've got (Eco Drive, etc.) but, considering they're about £470, you're getting a similar looking watch for a lot less.

In summary, this is a great looking watch, with all the functions you need (including a slide rule).
What's not to like???
on 21 March 2013
Tells the time with good functions strap feels sturdy, clear screen and has more functions than listed in the description
on 28 March 2013
At 97.50 this watch is excellent value for money, especially when the lowest price on ebay is 199.00. With regard the product specification on Amazon regarding no date / day function, this is incorrect. By pressing the bottom right hand button the digital display on the right hand side will change from digital time to day / date / month. All in all a good purchase.
on 6 May 2014
Cheap tatty feel, very tinny, and the minute hand stopped working in the first week, amazon, as ever where brilliant and gave a full refund, I paid about £90 and was unhappy, to see it at this price? I had to write a review to warn people, pure tatt
on 23 July 2013
If oj like watches and are a fan of these type then this ones for you. Bought this watch because of the price. Arrived wijin days and when I got it out of the box I was not disappointed. I have a few watches including a brietling, and will wear this on on a daily basis.
Getting the links adjusted was easy and it fits so well. The strap looks cool, and it is light on the wrist.
Defiantly happy with this watch.
on 30 July 2013
I have been really impressed. Compared to what I have seen in the shops this is an excellant price. I could not ask for a better watch as it does everything I need. You will need to take it to a jewellers to take some of the links out so add £5-£10 to the price. I think you can send it back to be changed which is free but more hassle.
on 30 September 2013
We bought this as a present for my son at the end of July and since that time, the watch strap has come detached from the watch face at least 5 times. Initially, we have tried to secure the rod back ourselves and when this failed, we took the watch to a Jewellery shop. This happened 4 times, we even paid to have the bolt changed so that it would be more secure. As we were away during the holidays (when it came undone yet again) by the time we got back, it was too late to return the watch at the beginning of September. Alas, the strap become detached again and so now it lies by my son's bed. I am not sure who I can now redress the situation with as the Amazon page does not allow me to Return the watch, nor does it provide any other option to contact them regarding this particular purchase. However, I will keep trying...
on 1 September 2013
Like other reviewers have found, this is a great watch, but the strap is very poor.
The metal clasp looks and feels like it was made from a tin can.
Come on Accurist, this is a great watch totally spoiled by a lousy strap. Whoever in your company agreed to source the strap from a far east toyshop should be fired!
My last Accurist (similar worldtime model) is still an excellent watch and is about 20 years old. Accurist should offer replacement straps to all purchasers of this model.
5 stars for the watch - 1 star for the strap.
on 5 August 2013
Returned this reluctantly as it appears really well made, is attractive with a good bracelet but as neither I, or any of the other people I asked, could read the text on the dials I decided it really wasn't sensible to keep it. The small LCD panels were also difficult to read.
on 30 June 2013
It was a bargain and I am really pleased with it and I like chronograph watch's. I also like the analogue dial.