on 29 October 2012
If like me your household is full of laptops and computers but you can't get near them for offspring downloading the latest 'tunes' or playing the just released must play game, then this is for you.

OK I'm not going to pretend that you have the computing power of a mainframe sitting in a very light but robust laptop style box, but you do have a very useful item. Connecting to the wireless router was very easy indeed. The netbook searches for networks and all you need to know is which is yours and what is the password. Once entered you are good to go.

From start-up it takes about a minute to boot up and it's instantly connected. You can surf the web and access your emails. What I find particulary useful is the provision of 2 full size USB ports. This means that if you are not a whiz on the touchpad (and I'm not) you can easily connect a cheap wired optical mouse (not supplied) and it makes things a whole lot easier, especially as you are dealing with Android software which is not identical to Windows especially when moving up and down the screen. A scroll wheel mouse is useful.

When it comes to viewing video content don't expect much as most up to date formats aren't available but some do run. You can save video to an SD card (not provided) and as the unit comes with a full size SD card slot you can view on the netbook. It says compatible with BBC- iplayer etc but in my experience it accesses the website OK but I've never got anything to play except adverts on 4 on Demand but never successfully viewed a programme. This might be a short coming of my connection but I suspect the formats are too new and too large for this little netbook.

My requirements are simply to access my emails and browse Ebay, Amazon etc and this unit means that I can do that from the comfort of my arm chair and still have a full PC style keyboard allbeit with smaller keys and a battery life of 3 hours when fully charged.

If your requirements are similar then I wouldn't hesitate to buy this wee machine.
1414 Comments| 225 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 March 2015
got this for my grandson to stop him messing with my laptop, it was very cheap.
on 2 April 2017
Works as should
on 23 March 2017
Does not work. Buy with caution
on 25 February 2013
wish id bought one before,,it does what i need,,,has lots of pre loaded apps,,plays youtube ok,,touch pad not great,,but has two usb ports so i use a mouse,,,,id buy another tomorrow!
11 Comment| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 November 2014
I bought this mini laptop as the best solution for backing up my camera's SD cards during a three week tour of the Canyon Lands in the USA. I think it is an excellent machine, for about £50 it's fine. A working knowledge of Linux directory structure (and how it works, i.e. mounting volumes) is essential. The clock on my model had a mind of its own, reset it to correct time, and an hour later it was three hours adrift, but this was irrelevant for my requirements. Battery life was adequate. Has an SD slot, USB ports, all in all, good value. I just need to re-emphasise having read a few reviews of this piece of kit that it is not a Windows based computer!
on 31 March 2013
Does what it says on the box, Awesome little device,well pleased with it.Would recommend it to anybody.Excellent buy,We are well happy with it.
on 29 December 2012
It is what it say's it is, Good quality mini Laptop, I bought 2, They are cheap to buy and well worth the money, I would recomend this mini laptop to anyone and they arrived ahead of the delivery date, Thank you
on 17 October 2013
I think this is a great little gadget its great for everyday simple pc work .The size makes for easy transporting,ideal for students .Also makes a good .The price is also fantastic.
on 30 April 2013
came a lot earlier than stated which was good as was an xmas present, really easy to use, what a i find particular good it warns of possible threats and lets u do a manual scan