on 12 December 2012
So long as you have it with you, it easily performs 'as well as one finger' - if slightly less greasily! [The Kindle's screen certainly stays cleaner for longer.]
Whether the condition (of having a 'more defined digit') is common for you will decide whether you need/should have one of these, but I do find it makes operating the tablet somewhat "more predictable", although you still need two fingers to operate "the pinch" - or at least the reverse thereof!
About as thick as the average slim 'biro', the 'stylus' is short enough to keep in a shirt pocket, and has a good strong clip to keep it there.
Sadly, much too much 'packaging' surrounded the slim stylus when being despatched - but then it did arrive safely in a Jiffy bag.
on 28 December 2012
I have only been using my stylus for a short while but it works well and seems well built. However, I'm only using it on my kindle for tapping and turning pages so it should last a while. I've read reviews that are always complaining that they don't last long but they've been used extensively for drawing etc. I you want to draw on a computer use a graphic tablet, on a portable device then I suppose wearing them out is just a fact of life unless someone can come up with a non-scratch carbon or kevlar type - hard wearing without scratching!
on 12 January 2013
Do not waste your money on this. the rubber tip split and fell apart after 2 to 3 weeks.
I bought a £5.99 one in PC world which is still going strong 7 8 weeks on.
Of course I was out of time to return it to Amazon as well, and that really smarts!!!
Don't feel I received good service on this item. However Amazon still have my money and I have a shiny piece of black plastic with a pen clip. I wouldn't even give it one star, but had to to write review.
2 people found this helpful
on 13 January 2013
The majority of my working life was spent wielding a pen so using a stylus with a touch screen feels perfectly normal and I am glad that I ordered one at the same time as my Kindle Fire. It works perfectly with the games I have chosen, leaves me with a clean screen and is much more effective than when I have tried working without it. I have used it to type short emails and fill in forms and the only drawback is the fact that, because I trained as a touch typist, my fingers know where the letters are but my conscious mind doesn't so I have to search for them. Time will tell how I will solve that problem . . .
on 23 June 2013
Bought this at same time as my leather cover and what a great buy it was. Easy to use and far better than trying to hit the right spot on the tablet with my stubby fingers. Looks classy and has appearance of a small but stylish pen. Another great product from Marware. I was lucky enough to buy with a discount as I purchased another Marware product from Amazon at the same time but definitely worth the outlay even at full price.
on 16 August 2013
When this stylus is brand new, it works impressively well, in the same way that a decent biro can last. The problem is that Biros are cheap to buy, and this is not. I am on my third, in the the space of a few weeks. If I find another brand, I will abandon something that is a bit of a rip off.
One person found this helpful
on 12 May 2013
This product is great if you want to use a touch screen device without getting annoying greasy finger smudge marks on the screen. I use it on my Kindle Fire HD, iPad and BlackBarry Z10 phone. It's great that it looks like a pen as you can put it in your top pocket without it looking out of place.
on 18 November 2012
Early man soon discovered that poking with a stick is much better than with fingers! This works just like that. Much more accurate and controlled than my digit, especially on web pages when you hesitate to enlarge the page. It minimises greasy finger prints too, so the images stay sharp. Pen clip stops it getting lost (most of the time).
on 10 December 2012
With my stubby fingers it is a fantastic help on my touch screen appliances, also saves a lot of finger marks and scratching on the screen. It is neat and tidy and doesn't look out of place in your top pocket with other pens.
Would recommend it to every one with a touch screen
on 6 March 2013
This is a great add on for the kindle and saves getting lots of finger prints over the screen. However the first one sent had a fault and lasted only a short time before the rubber tip came off. But good old amazon accepted it back refunded the postage and sent a new one in a matter of days. Well done amazon