Customer reviews

on 5 July 2014
This Ten Years After release completely escaped me when originally released in 2012. The disc contains 2 versions of this classic album. First is the original 1971 stereo mix in its 2004 remastering. No complaints there. Tracks 11-20 are stereo mix downs of the 1973 Quadrophonic version of "A Space In Time." I wasn't sure how I felt about quad when it came around in the 70s but it wasn't around long enough to even give me pause to think. However, listening to these distinctive versions of this classic album I am glad that someone has taken the time to lay out the two versions of the LP on this single disc. Some might say single mixes should be included as bonus tracks rather than 75 minutes 41 seconds, the total run time of the disc. Normally I would agree with them, but after several careful listens, the 1971 stereo mix and the 1973 quad mix are quite different and both deserve their place in the TYA catalog. This disc is available, inexpensively, and it evaded me in 2012, glad I happened to notice the track listing. What an interesting addition to the Ten Years After catalog!
3 people found this helpful
on 18 December 2016
This album completes the upgrade from my vinyl collection of Ten Years After albums.

They were a fantastic blues outfit, fronted by Alvin Lee, whom I saw live more times than any other group at that time. By the time that this album came out in 1971 they'd started to get off the tracks a bit, to my mind, so I quietly drew a curtain over subsequent releases. This album though is a great finale for me.
on 1 October 2012
Today I received the new remastered edition of this classic, with the two versions: stereo remastered in 2004 and quad to stereo mixdown done in 2012.
The stereo mastering is excellent, better to my ears from what was done in the triple Cd called "Think About The Times" and livelier than the gold Audio Fidelity version.
But the revelation is the new quad to stereo mixdown. It is simply stellar. With conventional two speakers, instruments and voices float around you with cristal clear accuracy. Obviously some kind of phase shift was done, but the results are incredible. At the end of "Here They Come", the guitar surrounds you like having four speakers instead of two. The best holographic effect I've heard from a conventional CD.
So the music is first class, and the mastering top notch for both versions of the album included in one CD.
Don't pass it by. It is that good.
10 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 13 May 2018
Really good.
on 15 February 2018
My favourite Ten Years After album.
on 14 October 2014
great music from a great band
on 1 February 2015
Would buy from again A+
on 6 July 2014
Classic.
on 23 September 2014
The item matched my expectations. It is good value for money.
on 30 May 2015