Customer reviews

Price:£7.79

on 20 May 2017
Very good, Vince Gill is blending in nicely
on 14 September 2017
Just received this as a gift from afrien nad it is an antidote to the rubbihs that is coming out of Nashville at the moment. The band are nearly all sessin players wgo got together to have fun and play in the STation Inn i hear now its ticket only. Great band grear melodies in the songs and words you can hear no one is drwoing one another out this will sound fresh in 10 years time unlike the new country. so if you like songs with meldoides that hasa melody when the singer shuts up this is for you. However if y you wnat to hear a femail wailing a noisey drumer and no meldoy pits this is not for you.
I belive their is an unmderground momvemnt in Nashville to get the music back to where it should be. ~Are the time jumpers leading the way.
on 15 September 2012
I was lucky enough to see The Time Jumpers at the Station Inn in Nashville last year and it was the best night of live music I have ever experienced. And I rate their live album from a few years back very highly.

But whereas I was expected this release to be a shoe-in for my album of the year, after a couple of plays I'm left unmoved by it. I can't put my finger on what it's lacking - the instrumentation throughout is first class and the vocals are fine. All the ingrediants are there to produce a top album but somehow it comes across as a bit flat, dare I say even a bit contrived.

As a big Riders in the Sky fan I'm particularly underwhelmed by Ranger Doug's two lead vocal efforts: neither "Ridin' on the Rio", originally on his solo album, or "Yodel Blues", recorded a couple of times by Riders, are as good as the originals.

So, not a bad album but somehow lacking something.
on 13 April 2014
The Time Jumpers

Lindt Chocolates Gold Reinder

Mary Berry's Cookbook.

Love them all. Use the cookbook all the time thanks
on 28 October 2013
I have never counted myself a particular fan of country music, although I have enjoyed some aspects of it occasionally. An email was sent to me by the record company with reviews of new jazz albums and was aimed at me as a jazz fan but I was intrigued by the description of the Time Jumpers as top Nashville sessioneers, plus I loved the name! Always keen to hear top musicians, I was knocked out by the playing on this album and it has become a favourite in the past few months. The combination of instruments is very attractive - violins, guitar, steel and accordion, together with the rhythm section, make a lovely sound, particularly if they all join in the final chord of a song. The vocals are great too and I'll be looking out for more Tayaxas Swing!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 2 November 2012
Western swing is a real mix of jazz and country and western and it is a music that has been kept alive from the days of Bob Wills over many years by the wonderful Asleep At The Wheel. The Time Jumpers continue to keep the music of Bob Wills alive with a new energy that will keep it going for many more years. The musicianship on this album is simply superb. The twin fiddles setting a wonderful tone. The laid back vocals fitting the mood perfectly. The music switches from the more jazz dance orientated Western swing to the honky tonk shuffles. The quality never lets up from start to finish. Vince Gill is one of the members of the group and his vocals and songs fit in perfectly. Fantastic vocals as well from Dawn Sears. It is an album in which you can feel the energy of everyone having a great deal of fun and enjoying playing the music. I have never seen this group but if I get the chance, I will not miss them. Great music is timeless and this group pays its respects by making a superb album which is a wonderful listen. Highly recommended for those that enjoy Western swing of Bob Wills or Asleep At the Wheel or the Texan sounds of George Strait or love great country music. It will not make the charts but it deserves to. A great sound. A great fun album and a toe tapper. Highly recommended.
on 14 October 2012
Like the previous reviewer I have also had the privilege of seeing these guys live. All highly talented/respected musicians who formed the Time Jumpers so they could hang out and perform the music they love - old time country and Western swing. Listening to this release I could be transported back to Nashville with a cool beer being blown away by the band who perform with such a relaxed but polished style. Lots of new material here but you could be fooled into thinking it is from decades ago.

For me the stand out tracks feature the wonderful Dawn Sears and I love the yodelling duet with Ranger Doug.

Vince Gill ain't bad either - he might just have a career ahead of him!

Give it a listen, you will enjoy.
on 8 February 2013
Didn't disappoint, again, had heard tracks on Bob Harris's Country show on R2.
Great stuff! Want to see them live now.
on 11 November 2015
Vince Gill joins this band of Nashville session player to form a band that plays americana ranging from straight country to western swing a really fab album with something for eveyone who loves the older true style of country music (not the pop music with a southern states drawl that is new country) Westrn fans look out for two good old style cowboy songs with Ranger Doug (riders in the Sky).
on 8 January 2013
What a great album this is especially love the last two tracks 3 SIDES TO EVERY STORY and SOMEONE HAD TO TEACH YOU the album just gets better and better as you listen through it and I think perhaps it could have had a few tracks on it as it ended too soon!? Would recommend to everyone!