on 14 April 2013
Heard of this band late on a Saturday night on the great Bob Harris Show (Radio 2). Fancied something a little different and liked what I heard! Ordered the CD that night and very glad I did! Fantastic arrangements, playing and a SUPERB talent of a singer! Really recommended to those of you who like their sounds well produced and delivered - can understand some of the Steely Dan comments. Fab, and delivered very quikly also. Cheers!
on 11 October 2013
This second album from The Beauty Room follows much the same path of their first, with fresh sounding songs that echo a number of styles. Orchestral backing and a quality set of musicians give this album a more rounded, dare I say meatier, sound. There are moments of outstanding beauty here ('All In My Head' is just gorgeous), as well as soft rock worthy of Steely Dan. I don't know where these guys are going with this music but I'm happy to be taken there. I just can't get enough of it. It touches my love of jazz, Motown, soft rock, and West Coast music. Some of the hooks are just infectious - the bass line in 'But For Now' is so catchy, but when matched with a rock guitar solo it just lifts the whole thing sky high. And there's much more to enjoy here. Highly recommended.
on 27 February 2014
I loved their first album and had to buy this second release. One of the best bands I have ever heard and albums for a long time. This just get's better. 10 out of 10.
on 20 February 2013
Excellent harmonies redolent of CSNY, and so many other influences. Very good mood chilling tunes. Hasn't been off my palyter since I bought it.
on 15 April 2013
I went for this album purely based on the cover art, but there are some really good tracks here and the courier service I bought it through kept it in superb condition.
on 18 January 2015