TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 April 2014
I bought Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief as I wanted to try something different from my normal DVD taste. While is it not 100% my cup of tea I did really enjoy it and have to say I can see how the director of this movie also did Harry Potter.

I have just ordered the next Percy Jackson film (Sea Of Monsters), and can't want to watch that now too :)
One person found this helpful
on 6 September 2013
2 good films for family viewing - the kids love both films although Percy tops the marks. This is the first Percy movie but contains lots of fun, action and adventure. Percy is a boy who has no idea he has special talents ... won't spoil the story but its definitely worth seeing this before going to to see the next film which is out now. Eragon too is a very good film and was enjoyed by all of my grandchildren.
One person found this helpful
on 22 January 2018
A great film for all the family. Daughter is studying Ancient Greeks in school. She was excited to recognise the names, all wrapped up in a modern and engaging movie!
on 1 November 2013
A modern day take on Greek Mythology that is full of special effects and great characters, ordinary school kid Percy learns that he is the demi-god Perseus, son of Poseidon, when he is accused of stealing Zeus' lightening bolt ( the most powerful weapon ever created ). He and his friends embark on an epic adventure to recover the bolt and prove his innocence, the original fable is woven into a modern day story line and provides entertainment for all the family.
on 3 August 2013
I have not read any of the books that the film comes from. That said the is a good film very storyline and first rate cast. Think Harry Potter but with Gods of Ancient Greece. That said do not think this is a "Harry Potter rip off" it is most certainly not. Proof if proof was needed that a good story and cast is worth more than Blood, Gore and bad language when it comes to making good movie.
on 11 November 2015
It's a good film many would say oh i rented this for my kids or nephews etc etc, but truth be told i was watching the 3 muskerteers and thought whose that lad IMDB and then saw he was in this so i watched it and had a good evening in my onesie watching it
on 14 July 2010
Havin read some of the reviews I have to say, who cares if the greek mythology is acurate! Its a film! Just enjoy it for what it is, entertainment!!! Second if you have read the books you may not like the film, because there are differences. Unfortuantely sometimes when translating a book to film they have time limits, budget limits and a need to explain things quickly, as not everyone who has seen the film has read the books! This leads to scenes and people being cut out or changed! If you are a major fan of the films that stick completely to the book I would say don't watch it! However if like me you just like to be entertained, and are flexible with plot lines then go for it!
on 8 April 2018
We watched this with my son as he was doing a project on the Ancient Greeks at school and there aren't that many good films suitable for children which relate to that period. Ok, there are problems with this film, but as it goes it wasn't bad at all
on 19 November 2017
It’s ok as a film, it didn’t inspire me to watch more of them though. Excellent price so no regrets.
on 30 July 2017
Awww fun movie, we all enjoyed the plot, action, fabulous cast and special effects, looking forward to watching the second one ;)