on 28 March 2017
I downloaded this an age ago and back then it didn't mention the soccer mom part of the title and it shouldn't as I am pretty sure soccer wasn't even mentioned and it bears absolutely NO relation to the story itself, trust me !!
I almost gave in with it quite early in as I happened across mistakes and as a rule if they start in early I'm going to need to plough through a heck of a lot more !! There WERE more but they got more evenly spaced out. However, they really ought to have been spotted.
The first was "Who you are you"? followed swiftly by "I jealous of them", "...and I will this look good on my application","...and gives out hugs kisses".....easily noticed, in my opinion. As was you're being used and not your, then surly and not surely, scraggily and not straggly and the and not then. All of these should never have got through an editing process and nor should quite a few misplaced apostrophes. Laptop is usually the one word as well. A few phrases that were mildly amusing the first and second times they were mentioned soon got on my nerves....a lot. The constant repetition of liar and no backbone got very tired indeed.
I've never heard of the word "suitemates" before which deputised for housemates, really and I wasn't sure what a garden home was. Not something I've heard of. Another phrase I found peculiar was "Her entire body is swollen and numb with dread".....that really means nothing at all. This sentence gave me pause till I realised all it needed was a simple hyphen for it to make immediate sense-"It's time sensitive information" then Yvette ruminates near the ending about her kids perhaps being in a position to witness somebody dying telling us they'd never witnessed a death when not 4 pages back they DID witness quite a horrible one !!
I enjoyed the story. It holds your interest with plenty of twist 'n' turns throughout although some of the characters irritated me as they lied quite a lot to nice people and therefore didn't endear themselves. I almost gave up nearing the end as the story seemed to be heading towards the wrong side of believability for me but thankfully it saved itself in time and pulled back !!
Sadly all these errors cost it one star for me. I would perhaps try another by the author but I wouldn't rush to add her to my favourites.
on 28 July 2016
It's a bit far fetched but nevertheless a gripping mystery right to the end. Probably make a good film. However there was one irritant for me in that the author (in common with a lot of self-published authors) has not done her research. She states that Yvette's grandfather was in a concentration camp during WW11 and subsequently says it was a POW camp,then places two characters with Jewish names in the POW camp. The two were quite different sorts of camps and should not be confused. All this information is freely available on the internet and takes only moments to look up, but lack of research on a subject I know something about completely spoils a book for me because if the author is wrong about that, then how many other facts have they got wrong. Authors, please take a moment to check what you are writing about to ensure it is correct.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 March 2017
This was a very entertaining book that weaved two stories together. Yvette in present day meets Mona, her neighbour following a mix-up with a package being delivered to the wrong address. Mona decides that she wants to tell Yvette her life story. What appears to be quite random to begin with, eventually reveals a connection between the two women, as we learn about Mona's younger years at college and her involvement with her Philosophy professor.

How the two women are linked is eventually revealed, but not until over half way through the book. Although the story is at times ridiculously far fetched, it is extremely compelling and I could not stop reading, this book is pure escapism and would make a brilliant film or mini series. I found it completely different to the usual thrillers that I read, but I really enjoyed it and would not hesitate to recommend it to others.
on 23 September 2014
This book is a well written and gripping thriller . The writer keeps you in doubt all the way through as to the intentions of Mona and I will not say anymore as I do not want to spoil the plot .

The book would make a good film .
on 24 June 2017
This book goes a long way to show that a dull imperfect life and marriage is so much better than some of the alternatives. Suspense is well built into the greater part of the book, but somewhat carelessly thrown about in the latter few pages. As I often believe, the author imagines the final scenes as a movie, and it careers a little wildly and disjointedly towards its climax. Not a huge criticism, but there needed to be a little more finesse to the finale. Otherwise, a clever tale, with enough turns to keep you from being certain where the path will lead.
on 27 February 2014
An interesting read that had me jumping around from good guy to bad guy and back again right to the very end and even then I needed to be convinced.
A new plot and great writing, characters that jumped alive. I really loved this read.
on 28 March 2017
Initially I thought, what on earth am I reading but very soon I was hooked. I loved this book so much and couldn't put it down it kept me awake long into the night. It made me smile and cry. I wish there were a sequel. I loved the characters and how their lives intertwined and I thought the ending was perfect. I don't often feel that way about the ending of books but i can't think of a better way that this could have ended.
on 16 February 2014
Excellent read not what I was expecting and thoroughly enjoyed reading this thought provoking book a good story and characters you grow to love and hate
on 30 March 2017
This was a really good story and had me gripped. The only reason this didn't get 5 stars was the completely annoying and overdone inner thoughts, "liar", " no backbone" etc. Not sure what the author was thinking with that!
on 13 March 2017
It's nothing to do with a 'soccer mom'! It's a pretty decent story, so don't be put of by the silly title