Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 24 February 2016
My two year old boy is a big fan of Thomas and will happily watch series 2 for 20 mins at a time (longer if I'm feeling more lenient on the TV front and have a lot to get done - he'd watch it for hours if he were allowed!) Series 1 is less of a hit - the trains often crash or get themselves into trouble, which my little one finds upsetting, but no such trouble with series 2 - this is my 'go to' DVD - my son laughs and whoops with joy during several of the episodes - totally engrossed. Bless. (PS Like series 1, these episodes are narrated by Ringo Starr. Series 3 onwards are narrated by an actor who puts so much energy into the Fat Controller that my son doesn't like it. We'll stick with series 2 for now.)
on 2 November 2015
More fantastic stories from the worlds greatest anthropomorphized train. My 2 year old daughter absolutely loves Thomas, grasping character names and understanding facial expressions it makes great entertainment for her and a great bonding session for me and my daughter. The models are so captivating and unique and bring back nostalgic memories for me as a fully grown adult. I recommend this for boys and girls equally and even mums and dads too.
on 7 April 2017
I loved it but according to my Daughter it is the old version of Thomas. Apparently now days Thomas is a cartoon. My 9 month old Grandson still enjoyed it so I'm happy.
on 31 March 2015
Two little boys addicted to Thomas. One is now 2 the other 30. I can actually remember some of the episodes from when I was a nipper. I have now got all the DVDs up to the CGI series..... you'll recognise the good series as they are the ones where the engines are from Merseyside and not Squeekyville, USA.
on 25 December 2014
Bought this for my son who grew up watching the original and best Thomas the tank programmes narrated by Ringo. He has now become a dad himself and can now share the same pleasure it gave me all those years ago when I sat down with him watching this wonderful series on TV. Happy days and many thanks.
on 1 March 2016
Our little one is rather obsessed with Thomas and Friends whether it's books, toys or programmes. We've started collecting the different TV series on DVD and he loves watching them.
on 2 February 2017
Excellent. This is a top Thomas and Friends. The stories are short and simple, yet very interesting and can keep one entertained
on 31 July 2017
Nice to have all the original VHS recordings on DVD. Brought back lots of memories.
on 25 February 2015
What's not to love? It's Thomas as he should be, proper little models instead of CGI, and Ringo Starr will always be the voice of Thomas the Tank Engine in my book. Bought for my 3-year-old for his birthday and he loves it, however much before his time it may be. In fact, it's probably his favourite present despite being the cheapest!
on 21 December 2015
Bought as present for my Grandson. Hope he enjoys the original series as much as his father did, and I expect my Son will enjoy them again watching with his own little ones.