Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 23 June 2013
These weight look fine on the photographs, but when they arrived they were slightly dirty, even having the odd human hair stuck to them, but worse than that, they had impact damage in the form of several dings to the plastic outer. My best guess was that they had spent some time on a dirty floor somewhere.

Having decided to try to put that behind me I picked up the two halves of the bar. I was expecting the bar to be of a single construction, but this required one half inserting into a sleeve on the other half of the bar and a Roll pin hammering in to keep the two halves joined together. Not what I expected, but I proceeded anyway.

Having completed the task I found that the two halves of the Barbell were not secure, the inserted half rocked wildly inside the other half, especially if you lifted the weights. Eventually the roll pin will either wear away or break due to fatigue, causing the two halves of the bar to separate, which when doing so will cause serious injury.

The Trapezium threads are very poor too. This along with the excessive movement in the bar causes the nuts to come loose when lifting allowing the weights on the ends to start moving too.

Buying equipment from Germany would make you think of German quality, but, due to the grim quality of these weights, they can only be from China and definitely do not conform to any CE standards.

When contacting the seller, Jago24 I was told I would have to send them back to Germany for inspection. If they were happy that I had a case, they said at their discretion they would then offer a refund, and that I was to pay the return postage costs up front.

To send these back you would have to buy a pin punch to knock the pin out, and you would have to carry them to the Post Office, which is where they specified they had to be sent from. A difficult if not impossible task where I live.

You would also have to find and purchase a suitable new cardboard box big enough to put them in, as the original one would not have withstood another journey after having being opened. The quality of the box they arrived in was inline with the weights.

A very bad purchase of a sub-standard product which is dangerous too. Bought from a seller that that makes it difficult to reach a resolution. Buy cheap, pay twice springs to mind.

I've since put a video of my extremely regrettable purchase on Youtube. Which can be viewed by Googling; jago24-uk Review

As for the seller, I'm still trying to get my money refunded, but it appears that I'm stuck in a feedback loop of cut & paste responses to my requests to resolve the problem.
on 10 February 2013
superb curl bar 5kg solid steel the weights are sand packed plastic covered and the covers are reasonably solid but as always cannot be banged about otherwise your going to have sand or whatevers in there all over th place! the construction was very simple with a plasic pin supplied and you have to hammer it in which did take me a few goes!! the only downside is even if you screw the weights in as tight as humanly possible they still start to get loose, which when your doing loads of reps does start to aggrevate you!! but apart from that perfect
on 15 March 2014
Was delivered as told from germany. The box was a little damaged but everything was fine. The weights seem legit the only thing I would say is make sure the bar is put together properly and dont try curling stupid amounts on this bar. I dont think it made for training for world strongest man but for every day work out it does the job would reccommend
on 12 April 2013
One of the 7.5kg weight plates was missing,so not possible to use the full weight of 30 kg on the bar. Also the locking mechanism to hold the plates on the bar frequently works loose when used.
on 29 September 2013
Use this soooo much! Good quality for the price! the only thing that gets me - and is the reason i rated 4 stars instead of 5 - is that the spinlocks do start to unspin easily. other than that a great product! :D
on 21 August 2014
Have you ever wanted a dust magnet? Something to stub your toe on or just something to trip over 5 times a week? Then look no further than this product! "Wow, I'll use these, this is all I wanted" was hrs reply if my partner. Lucky for him Santa didn't leave them on the ground floor, no! Santa took them 3 flights up and then wrapped them! They say love is blind! I prefer to say that love causes unwarranted excersize!
on 9 September 2013
A vital part of the product was missing and the plastic weights were split! I have tried to contact the seller, with no luck.

Dodgy!
on 23 July 2013
From the start no matter how tightly I fastened the locks on, they come loose by the end of 10 reps. Which was fine as I could retighten between sets. But after a month or so they started coming very loose after just couple of reps. Not safe to do more than 5 reps at a time before having to retighten - not ideal for a workout and would expect slightly better for the price.
on 6 January 2014
my son liked these weights because he is doing lots of training at home and these are perfect for the job
on 14 June 2013
Good set of weights. As other reviewers say, I do have to tighten the hold nut to keep the weights still quite often, but as that is done just by turning a type of nut it is no problem at all. Other that that good set. Sorry I have to go and buy new shirts as my arms are now huge, lol