on 25 January 2014
Hubby has struggled to find a razor that shaves close but does not cut or irritate . Well finally after about 15 yrs since last excellent razor died and many other purchases he has found it in this one. Its great , money well spent,,, what more can we say.
on 12 May 2015
I have now used this shaver four times and although not exceptional at getting a close shave quickly I am reasonably pleased with it but I still finish the job with a basic twin blade Bic. P.S I.used a needle to put a tiny bit of vaseline on the 2 charger pins as the charger cable was difficult to remove.
on 31 May 2015
I have had this Braun razor now for three months and it gives poor performance, based on the reports I purchased this razor after my Philishave was getting tired after 8 years. I was looking forward to a better shave but was disappointed, it took longer to shave and did not give a closer shave than my old Philishave. I have tried it before and after washing, and under the shower but no improvement. I also find the head lock easy to unlock during shaving.
I wish I have realises that the return date has expired or it would have been sent back
on 19 July 2016
I have had this for over a year and if it were not for the fact that it is by far the most expensive shaver I have ever bought, I would have dumped it. Quite frankly it does not shave. I do not think that I have particularly strong stubble and I shave every day but even after going over my face several times, my face still feels rough and unshaven. it is not helped by the fact that if you exert any pressure, the foil comes off.
on 21 January 2015
This is my third electric shaver and by far the best. My previous two were both Panasonic, the last one being an ES8101, which I used daily for over 2 years until the foil split and loved it. I did contemplate buying a replacement foil, but, after checking the Amazon site, it wasn't that much more to buy a new shaver. After reading a few reviews, in which Braun shavers were always at the top, or very close, I ordered a 5030s-5, which was available in a warehouse deal. I must admit, I wasn't sure what condition 'warehouse deal' items would be in, but what I received looked new to me, the packaging was sealed and in perfect condition, as was the contents. First impressions, were that the Braun was heavier and longer than the Panasonic, but actually was comfortable to hold and just seemed to be quality built. I've been using it for about a month now and it is excellent, easily the best shave I've had from an electric shaver. The only minor point is the short battery life. I find that I need to recharge it after 3 uses, whereas my old Panasonic would easily last a week. Maybe I've got a dodgy battery, but it doesn't put me off giving it 5 stars, a small price to pay.
on 6 January 2014
It gives a very close safe shave. Closer than I can get with a blade without drawing blood!
It takes a little longer to shave with than a previously owned Remington 5130 which I had to retire due to the battery not holding it's charge.
This Braun shaver does feel very well built and has a good weight to it. Battery holds it's charge for much linger than I expected so no need to bring charger on holidays.
It emits quite a loud buzzing sound during use which I don't mind at all as it indicates to intending bathroom users that a close shave is being had!
It is quick and easy to clean and at price that brings it into a higher quality type shave.
My only regret is that it didn't come with a solid carrrying case but no doubt manufacturing costs prohibit this.
This is my first good experience with foil type shaving. I am impressed that this shaver gives such a good shave and it will not dissapoint anyone even if changing from rotary shavers.
on 15 October 2013
Not by any stretch of one's imagination can it shave as close as a "wet shave".
The main benefit is its portability. Viz. Use in the car(Whilst NOT driving)
at the Office, or on Holiday,etc.
on 4 December 2014
A GENIUS TIP FOR A CLOSE SHAVE + SHAVER REVIEW

First I'm going to share with you a recent discovery for probably the
closest shave you've ever had from your current shaver. It works for
any shaver, but better shavers will give you even better results so
you still might need to upgrade!

I challenge you to try it now and leave me a YES helpful review
immediately when you find it works.

DRY SHAVING:
In the morning before washing, take a clean tea-towel and aggravate
your mustache/beard area by firmly pushing against the grain. This
will heat your skin up, raise your bristles and remove obstacles to a
clean shave such as excess skin/oil.

Now shave as normal REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU HAVE A FOIL OR ROTARY.
You should find you have a MUCH EASIER AND CLOSER SHAVE THAN EVER
BEFORE! And all this without special chemical heavy exfoliating gels!

Finally, after washing, wake your face up and bring moisture back to
the surface by tapping your face all over with your clean fingertips
and then brushing over your with clean hands. You can get more
moisturisation by drinking more water during the day!

WET SHAVING:
As above but after using the tea-towel, apply shaving gel with a
bristle brush against the grain, shave (electric or manual) and wash
face afterwards. Then continue with tapping skin.

SHAVERS - I'VE INCLUDED MY EXPERIENCES/ONINIONS ON PERFORMANCE ONLY,
SINCE THAT IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS.

BRAUN 380
Shave was no better or worse than my 10 year old Braun 3 series it
replaced. This was disappointing but I got the shave results I'm used
to. Wet shave aspects were ok, but chamber gets clogged up quickly and
is a hassle to rinse out. Unlike the PHILIPS AT890 which flips up for
rinsing during wet shaving. The Philips AT890 is a much better choice
for wet shaving, as it handles several days growth with ease when wet
shaving with it. It also has a larger chamber so rinsing is less
frequent. The other problem for me with the Braun 3 series is that the
Trimmer is too close to the foil, so anyone with a nose can catch it
when shaving the mustache!

BRAUN 5030
This was the closest shave I've ever had. Much better than the 3
Series it replaced. And closer than all Philips shavers I've tried,
for my face). With the proviso that you occasionally have to go over
areas a few times to achieve it. This is worth it for the end results.
It starts to strain the motor if you have more than 1 or 2 days growth
to deal with. The battery lasts a week or so of heavy use, more for
light use. Trimmer is easy to use and out of the way for shaving
unlike the 3 Series. Seems built to last. Until I tried the Braun
Series 7 790, I didn't think I could get better.

BRAUN 790CC
Not only is the shave better than all previous Brauns, consistently
feeling like the results of a wet shave, the pulsating action also
give a mild self massage to my skin AT THE SAME TIME! I've noticed
that my face starts looks younger, due to the improvement in blood
circulation this technology promotes.

The 3 shaving power modes seem like a gimmick, but they work and are a
bit of high tech fun. On the most intense setting, the effortlessly
deals with 3 day growth, unlike the 5 series. The sensitive setting is
kinder to sensitive areas, but also seems to cut additional fine hairs
in areas already shaved by the intensive setting. The normal mode is a
compromise between the two. Personally I use all 3, but mainly the
intense and then sensitive for the closest shave I've ever had.

The Cleaning Station isn't essential but a nice to have. The shaver
cleans very easily under the tap. But I use the cleaning station once
every week or two because I like the freshening effect it has. TOP
TIP: to avoid excessive evaporation in warmer environments, I simply
remove the cartridge and replace the lid seal until I use it next.
THIS IS HOW TO BEAT THE SYSTEM! Its also a handy stand, doesn't take
up too much room, charges and has lovely flashy lights.

Battery life is a week or two depending on my much you use it, trimmer
works well, info display is useful. Seems built to last. Its worth the
money (especially on sale) without a doubt, considering how much you'd
spend on blades and time taken on self massage.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 22 November 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a fantastic product. I normally stay away from electric shavers but this really is excellent. From unboxing it you get a feeling of something that's solid and well built.

There is no charge in it initially so you have to plug into the mains - be aware that you need a UK shaver adaptor if you don't have a shaver socket in the bathroom. Leaving it on charge for around an hour gave me enough for a full shave. Fully charged the motor seemed very powerful for the size of the shaver.

In use there are all kinds of little bits built in to trim sideburns and beards and I also liked the adjustable head made it easy to get a close shave. I tried this in the shower and it worked fine under the running water. I also tried dry and that also worked well.

To compliment the shaver you get a protective plastic cap and also a travel case. I stopped using electric shavers as I tended to get a rash straight away - not so with the Braun.

The price was very competitive and at the time of the review Amazon had £60 off the RRP. For less than £100 this is an excellent shaver, well worth the money and a top grade product.

Highly recommended.

*** EDIT After fully charging the shaver, I found that I can get over a month's shaving on one charge. Very powerful! ***
on 28 February 2015
Its practical, it does the job of giving a reasonably close shave. However it vibrates and make as much noise as some of the power tools I use. I will return to a Philishave when this is due for its early retirement.