VINE VOICEHALL OF FAMETOP 100 REVIEWERon 15 November 2014
This is a no nonsense simple yet effective box for your bobbins.
The price is a steal and even more so because the postage is free.

The bobbins fit really well, the clear plastic top allows you to see the colour threads easily and clearly.
Opening is simple and effective.
The box is robust and fit for the job. It will not get a lot of heavy use and is cheap enough to throw away when it has past its best. This should be a long long time if at all.

Ours came without the name on the front as shown in the blurb pic but that was no problem and slightly better if at all.

It comes all the way from China so takes it merry time.
Ours took 3 weeks to arrive but it was worth the wait for this cheap as chips product/
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 November 2014
I purchased this item along with some cheap bobbins to house threaded bobbins. It works very well and fits standard bobbins. I have a Janome machine - bobbins that fit my machine fit very well in here. Its worth noting the bobbins are held upright in a sort of small plastic cradle. It keeps them in position and from rattling around and unravelling. The hinges are a bit bulky which is my only criticism, but mine arrived without any damage, quickly and for the price was an excellent buy. The clasp at the front is basic but works very well and does not pop open unless you apply pressure to it. Should I ever have more than 25 threaded bobbins I would definitely purchase again.
on 13 March 2015
Disappointing, particularly since it took nearly 3 weeks to arrive from China. My own fault for not checking the seller reviews but I wouldn't have ordered had I realised; no mention of this on the product page. When it finally arrived it was poor quality, the lid was warped and does not close properly, the hasp does not click into place. If I could give it no stars, I would.
The item I ordered (from AY Plaza) arrived as an unbranded product although notwithstanding this it looks very similar to the niceEshop one in the picture.
I paid only slightly more for a Hemline one a few weeks ago and there's no comparison. A sterling lesson learned.
on 6 August 2015
OK - now I read a review that said these were weak etc - well I decided to get them anyway - as some of the other reviews seemed good, and they did not disappoint at all - these are VERY Nice, the plastic is not thin at all - they seem pretty sturdy to me - and unlike the ones I bought here in the UK [from the UK] these ones actually Click Shut! YAY!
Oh yes - and although they came all the way from China - they took just under a couple of weeks - which lets face it is pretty good for such a distance, and were also well packaged.
on 23 January 2015
Badly made and not fit for purpose. The catch does not work at all, so bobbins will fall out unless the box is kept horizontal.

I notice that in the picture, the box has a brand name (of sorts), whereas the product sent has no such brand name logo. Perhaps the vendor is selling cheap copies with false advertising.
on 14 March 2015
I have just placed an order for my second box. The first one was excellent, just hoping I don't have the problems others have had with the second. If I do I will let you know.
The second one has arrived and it is buckled - this box would only get a one star.
As others have said it is not worth trying to send it back so i'll have to put an elastic band around it to keep it together. Shame. I have altered the star rating to 3 (5 star's for the 1st and 1 star for the second)
on 10 December 2013
This item was ordered for a xmas present for my daughter I have aways used one as they are so handy it keeps all my bobbins in one place if they are already wound up with cottons they dont get tangled and you can see instantly what is needed
The bobbin box I have ordered is far better than mine as it is made from a softer plastic and should be more durable than mine which is brittle and the hinges have been broken for a long time .......think its time to buy myself a new one!
on 27 August 2017
Can't fault this - it's a boon to any dressmaking cupboard. Fits a good number of standard bobbins, is made of a robust plastic and looks like it will be usable for a good many years.
on 9 March 2015
took ages to arrive. would have liked to be informed they were coming from china before I ordered. However, bobbins fit nicely even when filled with thread. Not sure how long the clip will be secure though is a little on the flimsy side compared to the rest of the box which is quite sturdy
on 18 May 2016
This is a good way to clean up your workbox. Bobbins are all stowed away now and I can see what I'm looking for without any trouble. Holds a good quantity of bobbins. Not as secure as I'd have liked, fastening is rather flimsy affair but overall a nice little storage solution.