Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.89

on 2 October 2012
One can always rely on this writer's historical romances to provide an engrossing read. Once started they are hard to put down and once finished, seem have been too short, leaving the reader looking forward to the next.
The heroine is often a woman alone, struggling in a male-dominated world. In Taken to Heart, Jenefer Trevanion, forced by devastating circumstances to set up a business of her own, appalls the tight-knit Cornish village community by her independence and has to face rejection and bitter hurt because she is 'different', before gaining acceptance by her strength of character and persistence.
Drawn to the enigmnatic Charles Polgray, it seems that happiness may be in store for her at last, but he harbours a dark secret that threatens to break her heart.
I loved 'Taken to Heart' and thoroughly recommend it.
Two people. Both badly hurt, both find it difficult to trust anyone. Can old hurts die? Can cynicism be overcome? Read this beautiful tale, set in the Cornish Countryside and find out! It' a wonderful story of work that is brought to a small village, and so much else. I loved it.
on 1 January 2013
I have always loved reading books by this author, mainly through the local library. This time I made a major purchase and I was not disappointed. The wonderful Cornish county of wild sea and secret coves, smugglers haunts and ordinary people trying to make a living in difficult circumstances was brought to life. Throw into this mix a feisty and intelligent woman and a handsome well-to-do gentleman with a secret and you've got me hooked. The story was well written full of incident and gave a good feeling for the period, Miss Jackson please keep writing!
on 12 December 2012
I didn't get very far with this book it seemed to be written in a rather archaic, meandering and unclear way. Not knowing the author this might be how she writes anyway, but I could not get into the book and gave up trying after a few pages. Disappointing as it was my first experience with reading a book on my new Kindle Fire.
on 12 December 2012
The story does have the tension to keep you reading, and is a pleasant read. however you will not find depth, and you will find the main protagonist's history repeated throughout. This really is girl meets boy, with a bit of laboured gender equality for good measure. Good for enduring the commute with, but nothing to stimulate.
on 4 February 2015
This book and all others I have read of hers are so full of interest and detail you feel part of the book.I look forward to more by Jane Jackson wonderful
on 5 December 2012
First of this author's books read. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Both major characters are well described and credible. Will read others of this author
on 16 May 2015
Again a thoroughly good read I wanted the book to go on longer.This author writes with a voice that is convincing and pleasing to me.
on 23 January 2013
Story started out well but became quite weak as you got in to it - to be honest I got to the conclusion before reading it. Sorry.
on 3 September 2013
As with all Jane Jackson stories this was absolutely first class and once started didn't want to put it down. RECOMMENDED