on 11 December 2013
All my camera lenses are protected by UV filters. So when I purchased my new zoom lens recently, I bought one of these filters too. For the money they are excellent - nice piece of glass - with a good double thread ( on both sides). I have used them a lot recently and have tested them on the lens, and without, and there has been no deterioration in my images taken. I am happy snapper knowing that accidental damage that may occur to my lens front will be taken by the filter and at this price and I can throw and replace without much cost. I would recommend this product and the supplier. Best regards.
on 19 February 2014
Maybe I was unlucky, but the filter I was sent was not clean - it took a considerable amount of work to remove all the smears from the surface. As a result, I am reluctant to use it for anything important.
on 26 September 2015
Not the cheapest nor most expensive but quality very good. Ideal for a protective filter for lens, better to replace the filter than the lens. Well package. Glass looked clear no scratches or as sometimes comes with a greasy film on glass. Ideal for the money and delivered on first date of delivery dates
on 18 July 2014
Manufacturing quality of the goods is excellent and if you have the right camera its worth 5 stars. When I ordered these items their advert said it was suitable for a Lumix FZ150 but the lens hood produced considerable cut-off at the corners. The seller accepted that the lens hood should not have been stated as suitable for this camera and have given me a full refund. Be cautious if your camera has a very wide-angle lens (28mm).
The seller has now modified the compatibility list in their advert and removed Lumix FZ150 and similar cameras. (So 5 stars for that). However, it still implies fit for any camera with a 52 mm thread. This is true if you accept that you may get cut-off in the corners.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 April 2013
I have not used these filters a great deal yet but they will be used a lot in the summer, the bit I have I am well pleased . It is a very smart wallet and fits into the camera bag perfectly. Delivery was to the day.
on 28 April 2016
I use these mainly for some degree of lens protection. I've scratched and smashed a few (not that they break easily, they really don't) and have been grateful each time that it wasn't my lens front element!
Doesn't appear to add any degree of clouding, distortion, reflections or colour to the image. So overall, great.
on 21 October 2013
The supplier was very prompt with delivery.Pleased with the quality of the lens hood which fits well, also pleased with
the filters and lens cap.
on 10 December 2014
This is a good quality filter and cheaper to replace than getting a scratch on my camera lens. Also added benefit of being a UV filter. My camera lens cap fits on and I can use other filters without any problems.
on 10 August 2014
Why pay £10+ for a UK filter? Essentially it is just there as a lens protector, the filter is well made & packaged, it has a double screw fitting for stacking filters. Excellent VFM & I would certainly recommend this product.
on 24 August 2014
I purchased this filter for my digital SLR Canon. Obviously it does not have the same effect as it does for a camera using film, but I use it as a protection for my lens. Extremely good value for the price it was sold at.