Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 September 2012
My first introduction to The Vaccines from West London and labelled 'Indie' or 'Alternative' which covers a wide range of modern genres but for a tighter classification on the strength of this album I would say 'melodic pop rock' with a teaspoonful of 'Ramone Punk' stirred in. For a band that has been going for only 2 years their progression and maturity as a cohesive musical force is, indeed impressive with extensive tours with the likes of The Stone Roses, Arctic Monkeys, and The Walkmen together with the release of 2 albums, "Come Of Age" being the second.

The general theme of their work does not exude too much happiness or optimism in the lyrics but is scored, vocalised and played with a lightness of touch and an always present 'chug-a-long' rhythmic drive.

Stand-outs? Not an inferior track in sight but mainly good, strong offerings such as "No Hope", "Teenage Icons", "I Always Knew", "Aftershave Ocean", and "Change Of Heart" with joint personal favorites "Wierdo", and "Lonely World".

A really good second album and if their progression over the next few years is as outstanding as their first two years then The Vaccines will be a force to be reckoned with on the global music stage.
on 9 July 2013
If, like me, you're new to The Vaccines then this album is an excellent place to start. Not only do you have the extended version of Come of Age (which is a fantastic piece of songwriting), you also have a live show featuring a lot of songs of What Did You Expect from The Vaccines - so all in all this is a great introduction to this exciting band.
on 19 September 2012
For the first album I made comparisons. The Vaccines are like XYZ. Now The Vaccines are Just the Vaccines. I think in 10 or even 20 years time, people will be saying "I think they might have been influenced by The Vaccines". I could compare the lyrics but I wont they are brilliant and original. I could compare the sound..They seem to have found a sound no one has had before. Its almost like friends who formed a band became lovers and gave birth to a child of Genius. Enjoy!
on 23 February 2013
Forget all the stuff about the Vaccines saving guitar music, they haven't. Forget all the stuff about lazy lyrics and unadventurous writing. Compared to some music these are deep meaningful lyrics.

Just listen to the music.

An old bloke like me is probably not the target audience for the Vaccines, but they do sing a good song. From the off this collection leaves you in no doubt that the Vaccines can perform and are probably a good bet live. There isn't a song I dislike and there a few I really do like, a lot. Classics? No. Any dogs? No. Just a good collection of tuneful guitar based pop music.

Enjoy it for that.
on 22 November 2012
New album not up to standard of first album after a good first track. The album has a sixties feel I'm glad I got the deluxe version cos it is an excellent live album which includes classics from the first album like wet suit. Not keen on the cover.
on 14 October 2012
Love the vaccines so couldn't wait on new CD coming out. First time I've pre-ordered so was well chuffed when it arrived. If you like The Vaccines like me you won't be disappointed in their second CD. Well worth it just as good as their first one.
on 14 September 2012
I thought the first album was quite good, with it's upbeat tunes masking the fact that Justin isn't the greatest lyricist in the world. It was easily one of my favourite debut albums for a couple of years.

However this album is rather poor. The Vaccines certainly have seemed to 'come of age' however their rather more immature sound in what did you expect managed to hide the fact they are not really very good musicians. The more mature sound is ruined by the fact that the lyrics are so poor. They have written songs with riffs but no tunes. It just seems very indulgent.

I always felt with the vaccines that they have chosen a sound that will make them successful but not a sound they enjoy. I think the music suffers because of this.

All in vain and aftershave ocean is a bright point in an otherwise disappointing album. It's not bad, just nowhere near as good as it could and perhaps should be considering their fame at the moment.
on 6 November 2012
Go see them live and the songs lift off much better than here trapped in stifling production and seemingly held back by a by the numbers delviery. Avoid at all costs the boring ballad. Buy the album but if it is a choice spend the money on the live ticket instead.
on 17 December 2012
I bought this for a friend of mine. It arrived on time and in perfect condition. I am not a big fan of this band but my friend loves it. I dont think you can go wrong using Amazon for CD's... very easy!
on 12 September 2014
I really like this album, I love their sound and really have to try out their other albums based on this one. Clever lyrics and really catchy guitar. I think the band has a lot to offer, I am really impressed.