on 23 February 2013
Forget all the stuff about the Vaccines saving guitar music, they haven't. Forget all the stuff about lazy lyrics and unadventurous writing. Compared to some music these are deep meaningful lyrics.

Just listen to the music.

An old bloke like me is probably not the target audience for the Vaccines, but they do sing a good song. From the off this collection leaves you in no doubt that the Vaccines can perform and are probably a good bet live. There isn't a song I dislike and there a few I really do like, a lot. Classics? No. Any dogs? No. Just a good collection of tuneful guitar based pop music.

Enjoy it for that.
on 15 March 2018
Having been brought up on The Damned,Clash, Pistols etc I'm always a bit wary of listening to new bands but The Vaccines seem to have the talent to write great tunes in different styles. I've got both their CD's and neither disappoints. The second one sounded a bit "iffy"to start with as it uses different styles from the 60's and 70's but the quality of the songs make it work. So if you are of a certain age give this band a go, they won't let you down.
on 3 November 2012
Quality album, the vaccines are one of my favorite bands and this album does not disappoint. I pre-ordered this album and haven't stopped listening to it since. Teenage Icon, No Hope and I Always Knew (the three released tracks so far) are the best on the album but the other tracks are decent as well. The live CD I found is not really worth the extra money, if you have the 'What did you expect from the vaccines' album don't bother paying extra for the deluxe CD. If not buy that album as well as it is just as good if not better than this one!

In short buy the non deluxe version as the extra tracks are not worth the extra money.
on 9 July 2013
If, like me, you're new to The Vaccines then this album is an excellent place to start. Not only do you have the extended version of Come of Age (which is a fantastic piece of songwriting), you also have a live show featuring a lot of songs of What Did You Expect from The Vaccines - so all in all this is a great introduction to this exciting band.
One person found this helpful
on 24 May 2016
A bit mixed. I love a couple of the tracks but found the rest a bit blah! You might be better off just getting the tracks you know you like.
on 27 December 2012
The Vaccines have grown up & taken a giant leap in the last 12 months. Loved the debut, What Did You Expect 35 minutes of utter joy, but this is a more 'grown up' collection of songs, from a band who've clearly honed their song writing talent. I put off buying this for a few months convinced I'd be disappointed, but it's great, as many catchy hooks as the 1st album but with more depth & a proper album feel & less like a collection of good ideas. Can't wait for number 3 !!
on 6 November 2012
Go see them live and the songs lift off much better than here trapped in stifling production and seemingly held back by a by the numbers delviery. Avoid at all costs the boring ballad. Buy the album but if it is a choice spend the money on the live ticket instead.
on 14 October 2012
Love the vaccines so couldn't wait on new CD coming out. First time I've pre-ordered so was well chuffed when it arrived. If you like The Vaccines like me you won't be disappointed in their second CD. Well worth it just as good as their first one.
on 12 September 2014
I really like this album, I love their sound and really have to try out their other albums based on this one. Clever lyrics and really catchy guitar. I think the band has a lot to offer, I am really impressed.
on 17 December 2012
I bought this for a friend of mine. It arrived on time and in perfect condition. I am not a big fan of this band but my friend loves it. I dont think you can go wrong using Amazon for CD's... very easy!