on 26 November 2017
Oh boy what a treat! I’m an ol fart (61) well not in my head! I bought a sound base not long ago and decided I’d get some blu ray concerts in for my delectation! I can’t be bothered with loads of blu ray films as I’ll probably watch these music concerts more. Yes I bought several war films and the Alien series and Blade Runner but that’s it! This is a bargain. OK it might not be on a par PQ/AQ wisw with the likes of Rush’s R30 or their Snakes and Arrows concerts on blu ray but I can’t stand the Stone’s shiny cleansed and sloppy routine and sound of their latter day karaoke sessions anyway, what an improvement on my bootlegged or download stuff! I played the Some Girls stuff first with Ronnie Wood in the ranks and thoroughly enjoyed the down and dirty sound produced. The Ladies and Gentlemen blu ray played great, well what I saw of it. I got interrupted at this point and reluctantly had to stop. I can’t complain because the length of these concerts mean’t I had sat there for at least two hours. The L&G concert is not as classy looking as some blu rays in terms of PQ but the fact that these guys were filmed in the 70s AND with Mick Taylor, words fail me. The PQ is a bit soft in parts but the sound is great. I always have this sneaky feeling that Mick didn’t get the air play he warranted because of Keef but you can’t hide the unmistakable sound of his guitar work. Adds a whole new intricacy and vibe to the whole concert, for me one of the best concerts I now own together with The Marquee 71. Fantastic all round concerts.
2 people found this helpful
on 23 July 2017
Saw these on telly once but it's worth watching a few times over.
on 12 May 2016
Rolling stones in concert a must see.
on 17 July 2017
The Stones in their prime. Mick Taylor on guitar. Absolute Bliss.
on 3 September 2013
The blu ray of 'Ladies and Gentlemen' was defective and I got it replaced twice by Amazon. At the end amazon gave me a refund as tey stated that there might be a problem with the production batch. Five stars for amazon's service and prompt response, one star as I still would like to own the product.
on 3 January 2015
A brilliant and intense performance that will teach most people a few things. Possibly the best stones gig.
on 30 June 2014
Arrived in a Jumping Jack Flash which made me Happy!
on 28 January 2013
If the Beatles would last as long as the Rolling Stones, more videos (of the Beatles) would be available.... Having said that, the Rolling Stones have proven that with the right chemistry among band members, no wonder they could last this long... shame about the Beatles though..Anyway, about the blu-rays, both "Ladies & Gentlemen" & "Some Girls" present grainy visuals but are still presentable. The audio on both blu-rays are good considering the age... If you're a huge fan, like I am, you're gonna love this!!..
3 people found this helpful
on 28 December 2012
two great shows, what can you say about the stones that hasn`t already been said, but get this box set excellent quality
3 people found this helpful