Customer reviews

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 11 February 2017
THESE TWO MOVIES / DOCUMENTARIES ARE JUST SOOOOO UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING AND AWE INSPIRING. YOU SIMPLY CANNOT REMOVE YOUE EYES FROM THE SCREEN. THESE TWO CAN BE BOUGHT SEPERATELY, BUT THIS DOUBLE DEAL IN BLU-RAY IS TOTALLY AWE INSPIRING. THEY URGE YOU TO VIEW THEM AGAIN AND AGAIN.....AS I HAVE DONE.
on 21 May 2014
I watched these unusual films on the big screen and had own a DVD copy of BARAKA. Made the mistake of lending it to an undeserving person, he never returned it to me. This is the reason I decided to buy the box on blue ray and the sensation is absolutely breathtaking. It is one of the greatest acheivements in cinema ever. No words, just visual experience of the World diversity and wanders. Everybody should own a copy of this amazing DVD. Any words of recommendation does not give it enough credit. It is beyond words. It is unique emotional, spiritual and intellectual experience! I am extremely respectful of the makers. Genius!
on 9 May 2017
If you don't have a conscience before watching this, you may well have afterwards -- the best of all possible worlds: & the worst!
Wonderfully photographed & produced,
it is a great cinematic experience, & it also gave me a lot to think about.
On the whole, I enjoyed the movie, & I would recommend it
on 15 April 2015
I like it. Value for money was good and excellent film...

To me... I;d still go for Koyanisqaatsi every time - despite the overbearing 70s music. This may have blu-ray quality but I thin it is a tad over-rated and does not advance the genre that Koy/Powa created way back.

If you love these then go for it.
on 23 December 2013
If you want to show of your full hd panel and your swanky surround sound system then this will do nicely. Baraka is the easier one to digest as Samsara gets a bit message-y but both are beautiful to watch and hear, nay to experience, and well worth showing off to your less technologically endowed friends. You must see these on Blu ray. Until it is released on 4k of course but lets be realistic for now shall we?
on 28 January 2013
Both discs are essentially state of the art Blu-ray transfers that could serve as a reference in terms of home theatre visual quality. I remember Baraka from my college years - it's a great, unusual and contemplative movie. Samsara takes things even further with bolder and at times more disturbing imagery. These films will leave you reflecting on your very existence. Highly recommended.
on 11 September 2013
Having seen Baraka a long time ago and been totally blown away by it, I was really excited to hear about the release of its "sequel" Samsara. This double release of the two films in one was an ideal purchase for me. Both films capture some of the most amazing and beautiful sights you could ever see in this world as well as some of the most shocking and concerning situations that people have endured and continue to endure on a daily basis. The quality of the production and cinematography is simply stunning and the various scenes have been expertly woven together to tell the story of the best and worst aspects of humanity. I'd recommend these films to everyone.
on 26 April 2017
Yes a very good, up to date quality DVD. Some amazing visuals on 4K. Thank you adam
on 20 August 2017
Beautifully filmed. Nice audio, hopefully they will release this in Atmos some day.
on 7 April 2015
These two films are incredible. They are both so visually stunning. I love that it is simply moving images with music. Simple yet very powerful. Also gives an insight into remote cultures that most people don't know so much about. Loved the music!