on 15 June 2013
The author does try to give a fairly sensible guide to wine-making but it is entirely confined to grape wine with much talk about grape types and sources. There is no mention of 'country' wines etc. There are no illustrations - even simple line-drawings - so there is no way of knowing what the equipment he talks about is like. He works on the premise that you want to make wine just because it is more satisfying to do so than going out and buying a bottle. The book doesn't come even close to C. J.J. Berry's "First Steps in Winemaking" which hasn't been beaten since it came out in 1960!
on 17 August 2012
Great book for newbies. I have tried several times to make wine at home, having bought all the equipment. My success has been quite good but always something a little off mark. Having read this great little book I now know the problem.

Highly recommended for a list of equipment needed and a breakdown of the different methods to try with fresh, frozen and juice. All the equipment is now out of the cupboard and I can't wait to get started this weekend!
on 26 December 2013
A friend and I decided my grape crop this year was worth using for wine, so between his experience and reference to the book we made some but won't know if we've been successful until February. Another reader might use the book in more depth.
on 13 August 2013
Sadly i was dissapointed with this little book, having downloaded it to my ipad i eagerly read through the first few pages which covered the basics for making wine with grapes. I nearly skipped that to find information on fruit wines and some receipes only to find that there wasnt anymore! I suppose thats the downfall of buying an electronic version of any book, you dont actually know how big the book is! Luckily i used to make wine and could follow the book, but i cant help but think that if i were new to the hobby the book might have put me off.
on 30 April 2013
Very helpful book for beginners, explains the process very well and easy to understand, would have liked a few diagrams though..
on 31 May 2013
it was ok but didnt really tell me anything that i didnt already know,more intended for making large amounts of wine
on 11 November 2013
Old and out of date complete waste of time and money. Don't bother with this you are better off without it
on 16 November 2014