on 28 August 2012
After seeing the UK touring production of "TOP HAT" last year I was thrilled when it was announced that a cast recording would be released as I really want to use the music with my adult tappers (I'm a tap dance teacher!!). I received the new CD today and it doesn't disappoint in the slightest and in fact I'm typing this review as I'm listening to it!!!! As you would expect the vocals from Tom Chambers, Summer Stallen and the cast are all superb and if you've already seen the stage musical then you will know that they added more songs to the stage show as in the film version of "Top Hat" there were actually not too many!! As well as "Top Hat, White Tie And Tails", there's "Puttin On The Ritz", "Isn't This A Lovely Day (To Be Caught In The Rain)", "Let's Face The Music & Dance", "Cheek to Cheek", "The Piccolino" and many many more besides!! The orchestrations are also superb as are the musicians and the production quality really is fantastic!! Loved the background 'tapping' on some of the tracks too!! (I wonder if Mr Chambers provided those taps????)

All in all I'd say that this cast recording is just delightful and I would highly recommend it!!!! It certainly made me want to put my "Top Hat, White Tie And Tails" on and go dancing!!!!

Now where did I put my tap shoes??........
on 5 August 2013
Bought this after seeing the show in London. Both the show and CD are fantastic!! You can't help but sing along from start to finish and before you know it, your feet are attempting to tap dance under the table, even though they don't know how!!
on 26 September 2012
For anyone that has seen the show this will be a fantastic reminder of what I'm sure was a great night out. The Irvin Berlin score is great with great performances by the leads - ok Tom Chambers hasn't got the best singing voice in the world but what he does have is charm and charisma. Scarlet Strallen sounds devine in my opinion.

My only disappointment is that the tapping in act 1 appears to be tapped by one person as opposed to the big ensemble routines that you have on stage. Not sure why the producers thought that this method would translate well on to the cd. Other big tap shows like the new broadway cast recording of 42nd street managed to get the mass tapping onto cd very well. That's the only trick they have missed with this otherwise superb recording.
on 17 February 2015
This CD Album is World Class Musical West End Show it is a wonderful Gift to give to your MUM or for your very Speical friend will love this and for your self to do not miss out on this and it is really worth buying My mum love's it and i got this Item safely though the post and i will use your serivce agian
on 25 March 2014
Irving Berlin's romantic music given a lush treatment by a great cast and orchestra,; a delightful CD to remember the show by if you saw it. If you didn't, a lovely CD of songs associated with Fred and Ginger.
on 14 October 2014
Terrific music, and the added songs all work in seamlessly. The best way of remembering beautifully danced, sung, acted, directed, set - oh, and produced! - show. What a visionary idea to mount it on stage!
on 30 April 2013
I love music from the Great American Songbook, so this stage version of the mid-1930s film starring Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers with music by Irving Berlin was just up my street. My wife and I saw the show in London and the music, dancing, costumes and all were terrific. The CD is a first-class memento of a superb show.
on 1 December 2012
I chose this rating because everything about this order was first class. Arrived on time and just a first class C.D. of a show I managed to have seen in London. An original stage soundtrack which most musical theatre goers would love.
on 12 April 2013
This soundtrack to the new production of Top Hat sounds great. I brough the soundtrack as I was unable to go see the original cast down in the West End, and just by listerning to the soundtrack I feel like I've seen the show. The cast sound great and its wonderful to hear such classics as 'Top Hat, White Tie and Tails', 'Dancing Cheek to Cheek' and 'Puttin' on the Ritz' to name a few.

If you a musical fan, whether it from the Golden Age of Musicals or now, this is a great musical recording.
on 23 May 2013
Bought this CD after seeing the show in London and have not regretted doing so. It features the original West End cast, including the excellent Tom Chambers and each time my wife and I play it the music evokes a pleasant evening we spent watching this show with friends. The music is light and soon has the feet tapping. It helped to have watched the show first, but this is not a direct requirement because the music is self contained, jolly and a joy to listen to.