Colour Name: Black/Grey|Change

on 12 June 2014
Don't read camera forums for advice on camera bags, they always tell you to get bigger bags than you need. Maybe it's because they are always carting around a large number of lenses, flash guns etc.

Anyway I bought an olympus E-pL5 because of it's portability, so needed a smallish bag. My two main requirements were that it could fit the camera plus at least one other lens, and didn't look like a handbag! The bag is plain and unfussy, with a nice shape and finish. Importantly, it doesn't scream "camera bag". It comfortably fits an E-PL5+kit lens, plus two other prime lenses (17mm f2.8, 45mm f1.8). There is probably room for another small lens actually. There is also a handy zip up pocket that is under the cover, that can fit a spare battery or two, and filters. My only minor criticism of this bag is that it has a pale lining and padded divider. Both are likely to get grubby with time. Incidentally for others in the market for bags for M43 cameras, the Mirrorless Mover 20, Tamrac Rally Micro and Crumpler Banana cube ( Crumpler Banana Cube Medium Bag for Camera - Black ) are all similar sizes. I also considered the last in the list (a few pounds cheaper on Amazon) but it used a zip rather than a clip, and had a boxy shape. Overall happy with my choice, particularly as it is small enough that I can put it into a rucksack or holdall for longer trips.
VINE VOICEon 12 April 2013
I've bought and owned crumpler camera bags in the past so I trust the brand and there quality , I like the jackpack 1500 because it fits my panasonic fz48 perfectly with extra battery and extra films ( memory cards ) plus the USB cable and also the lens hood ( not attached to the camera ) , I highly recommend the camera bag for style , quality , size and practicality . Thankyou amazon for the great price of £30.00 and thankyou crumpler again for making such most excellent camera bags .
on 2 October 2014
Absolutely love this little bag, great for travelling with and fits my Panasonic Lumix G5 with 2x lens (one attached) perfectly.
Internally it provides good support and the front zip is good for adding your SD Cards
on 9 December 2012
Holds a small mirrorless camera with kit less. Ideal for carrying around on day trips and holiday. I likes the nice soft padding, not the scratchy nylon of some other makes.
on 8 April 2013
After months, and many trips to various high street retailers, of trying to find a bag that fitted my Fuji Finepix HS30EXR I finally have!
on 31 August 2013
I was initially unsure about choosing this bag as it is difficult to judge internal measurements, but wanted a compact bag for my mirrorless interchangeable lens camera so that I could appreciate the benefit of having switched from DSLRs in the first place. I have not been disappointed!

This bag fits in;
-panasonic gx1 with wrist strap
-a large zoom (14-140mm)
-one pancake prime (20mm)
-a wide angle lens (8-19)
-spare battery
-polarising filter
-spare sd cards
-USB OTG cable

It can be a squeeze but it certainly fits in any combination of off/on camera.

Quality of construction is excellent with the materials feeling durable and overall nicely made.

Downsides are;
-top flap doesn't feel as secure as it could and I would worry about any small items (eg SD cards) falling out if left in the main compartment (I zip them up in the front pocket instead)
-can be a fiddle getting lenses out and changing things on your own as the top flap is quite structured and doesn't fold back on itself well, and without the camera body and 2 lenses (while you are changing them) the bag is very light and it can get a bit awkward; but the solution to this is to get a larger, sturdier kit bag like I used with my DSLR - which is what I was dying to avoid!
-front pouch is very thin; whilst it does fit a spare battery and one filter (in box) plus sd cards, it is tight and getting a second filter (in box) would be pushing it

Overall
- well made,
- compact yet big enough for everything I need
- would highly recommend for a compact micro 4/3 or similar so long as you are aware of space limitations
- if you are used to a big DSLR type camera bag that takes 2-3 lenses this will take some getting used to as it is quite dinky!
on 24 January 2014
I wanted to get a small camera bag that didn't look like a camera bag - I found it!
This bag is supposedly too small for a DSLR, but I disagree. Allow me to explain:

I wanted a bag that would *only* fit my DSLR (Canon 1000D + kit lens 18-55mm) and *nothing* else! I didn't want to use it with any other gear, so this is in fact great!
The camera fits into this bag on it's side and can easily be retrieved and put back.

Perfect for a quick "out-about-town" take along :)

Not good for bringing extra gear, but I think I made that clear already, right? :)
on 9 April 2014
I wanted a small case for a DSLR and was going to get the bigger Jackpack 3000 version. But a reviewer pointed out that a DSLR can fit on it's side in this case. My Nikon D3200 with lens fits on it's side, so I am very happy with this case. It looks good, has good padding and is very comfortable to wear. There is a small pocket for an SD card, but it is really only suitable for one DSLR camera, so there is no room for accessories. Some larger DSLR cameras will not fit so be careful and check the measurements. My Nikon with lens is 16CM ( back to lens) and 13CM tall on it's side, this fits the case ( it is tight). SO MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR MEASUREMENTS. Overall very happy with this case.
on 6 May 2013
It's a good size for my DSLR and one lens. It's small enough to put into a larger backpack if needed too.
The padded velcro insert can't be added as well when the camera is inside but there is a bit of space around the camera to fit in the free gadget bag they supply with it (nice touch). Anyone with a larger camera might need to look for something bigger.
My 650D sits fairly snugly in there and I probably wouldn't be able to fit a large zoom lens in there too but for day trips & happy snaps, it's great. Great crumpler quality as always too.
on 2 August 2014
This is a very nice, well made and good looking bag, but unfortunately too small for my needs, therefore returned.
Great for a small pocket camera and accessories but not really suitable for anything larger in my opinion.