Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More

on 31 December 2012
Bought these to please my wife, to show off her garden even when no-one is around to see it. Spotlights were inexpensive - wiring the garden incredibly expensive!

They suffer from two minor problems: the spike connection to the lamp tends to come apart easily, so the screws have to be really tight; and the length of cable is a bit too short. 1.5 or 2 meter of cable would be much better.

But they work well, have been in the garden for a coupleof months and have survived the massive rains.
on 13 December 2013
I installed 19 of these throughout my garden. Some pointing up into tree, some more horizontal towards bushes ans shrubs. After about 6 months about 8 of them filled up with water and started tripping my house electrics. I emptied the water out of all the units and resealed them more carefully, making sure there was not grit, etc on the rubber seal. I also angled them so none were pointing straight up and collecting water. Three weeks later, and a lot of rain, the circuit started tripping again. I opened the lights and again a lot of water poured out. The long and short: These lights are not IP65 and definitely should not be out in the elements.
11 Comment| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 December 2016
These lights have lit the garden well - I bought 2 x packs so 10 in all and I have used 5w LED bulbs thus 50w per hour (the same as just 1 traditional halogen light bulb!) - Each light comes with a good 1m+ of flex - I had mine fitted by an electrician and would recommend this as power and outdoors do not mix well.

Each light has 4 screws to take out and put back in so allow some time to install all the bulbs - took me well over an hour but I was very careful.

1 - Each light seems well constructed and my electrician commented on this as well as the quality

2 - When installing the light we used some silicone paste to seal the units which will I hope prevent water ingress

3 - I have added a night photo (please ignore the fairy lights - these have just been added as it is close to Christmas)

Overall

Good units at a fantastic price - but they do need proper installation, and if sealed up well should last a good few years in the garden

ADDITION June 2017
Some people a few years back were saying the units were not weather proof i think there are now two points to consider here:

1 - they seem to be a better construction now with a thick rubber seal around the top

2 - A few years back people would have used hot halogen bulbs and the heat perished the seals quickly - today we tend to use LED bulbs, they emit virtually no heat which will also help extend the units life.

I hope this is of assistance when purchasing

Please like if this was helpful - Many Thanks!
review image
on 28 May 2014
DO NOT BUY.
THEY ARE NOT RAIN PROOF.
I asked the seller for refund/replacement and they just sent me replacement seals. HAd electrician change all the seals and still water got in and made the electrics trip.
These poor quality light fittings caused water damage to the expensive LED ligh bulbs and costs me hundreds of pounds in replacement LED lights bulbs and electrician fees (as electrics kepts tripping, to remove water, change seals etc)
NOT FIT FOR OUTDOOR USE!
on 12 September 2016
These are extremely well made,I think they may have improved the seal on them because i cannot see any water getting past the substantial gasket,I was concerned due to old reviews still being shown
on 7 May 2013
They look brilliant if you fit colour changing LED lamps and point them up the fence/ wall. Seem to be well made too
on 16 November 2015
Have 15 of these spread over the front and rear of the garden, took each one apart to add the longer flex. Read some reviews regarding them leaking so i added sealant around each light (where the light screws in and where the flex goes into the light) and so far they have held water tight.

Even with 4w SMD GU10 bulbs they give off good light and happy with the results.
on 23 July 2015
these lights are perfect. with 2 meters cable on each light they were easy to fit. ordered 5 put in a standard bulb of led 5 watts, however if you have a medium garden i would recommend 2 watts led light as these give off a good light without blinding the neighbors. only need two lights as they are so good. thank you
on 29 September 2013
Perfect solution for my garden, easy installation and looks a really pro job at night. I reccomend using the 1watt energy saving lights and an auto switch to have the best results. The package adds splendour to the garden and night time security too.

Bazzman
on 21 June 2015
Have bought 3 sets if these and they work very well. I used Wago blocks and self amalgamating tape to make the waterproof connections instead of using many waterproof boxes at £5 each. They seem well constructed and have been 100% waterproof so far.