VINE VOICEHALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERon 1 January 2014
With the current revival of Folk music, going back to the roots if you like, The Lumineers offer something a bit special. They don't go out of their way to make things complicated, sticking to simple sounds and lyrics, giving them a timeless appeal. Having different interests in other music as well does mean that they offer something that isn't all the same.

A great band to see performing, their studio album such as here is great to listen to, giving a strong Folk Rock sound that is well worth listening to. I forget which one of the founding members said that 'If you can play an instrument, then you can play a Lumineers' song.' It is this kind of philosophy that make albums such as this so popular, giving us something that we can enjoy listening to, singing along to, and even playing along with, as well as tap our toes to.
on 3 June 2013
Just downloaded this for a crazy eclectic music fan but she enjoys a lot of Folk and acoustic music like James Morrison and Nick Drake if you do too maybe you'll like this.
She heard the song hey ho then researched some of their others and its been on her wish list for a while so I've gotten her it as a surprise.
At the current MP3 price of £4.99 its a steal, anyone worried about buying MP3's off amazon it's a quick and easy and yes safe transaction, I was scared at first as I've heard things about being unsafe but I have gotten a few things off here now and they're auto backed up unlike some others. So go for it! I'm a happy bunny hope she's going to be too when I tell her!
on 4 April 2013
It's everywhere, you can't failed to have noticed it! I'm talking of course about the track Ho Hey by the Lumineers, turn on your radio /telly everybody want's in! but job done I'm hooked, on considering whether or not I should download the album I hit a quandary it comes under folk music (do I listen to Folk Music? Yes it appears I do and what's more I like it! (well some of it!!))

The album is a delight, a quaint mix of melodies that I could happily fall asleep to in an armchair with the odd almost poppy track that brings you nicely back; not every track on here will be braking the charts but hopefully this is not the last we'll see of the Lumineers.
on 12 March 2018
Love these musicians, not starry beautiful voices. but sorry the film song from Pete's Dragon was not on this album. Lots of good tunes tho'.
on 2 June 2015
Listened to "Ho Hey" and thought "wonderful", so bought the album. All a wee bit folksy and some even possibly pub-band, but a few of the tracks are excellent. Lead singer has great voice but that quality sometimes cannot rise above the actual song. Reasonable album but not quite my cup of tea. It will be for others, I'm sure.
on 5 October 2015
Stumbled across the Lumineers thanks to Mix Radio on Nokia/Microsoft phones. Very good first album with some stand out tracks; Ho Hey, Big Parade and Stubborn Love. The whole album is great and gets your toes tapping. If you like folk rock style (Mumford & Sons etc.), you will lie this. Just waiting on the next album
on 14 July 2014
When I first saw this album advertised on TV, I thought "oh no, here comes a flood of bands which are variations on Mumford & Sons" but, although they belong to the same genre, this band sets itself apart by its excellent tunes and thoughtful lyrics. Having listened to this album around 50 times I'm still not bored by it and I now greatly prefer their music to the (sometimes) formulaic M&S. I'd highly recommend to anyone pulled in to this Genre by M&S, but looking for something with more staying power.
on 8 February 2017
The music on this album is great, I bought the vinyl and the sleeve was not really great I could tell the paper was not really as hardwearing as some others that I have purchased.
on 9 December 2012
Have to give this CD five stars. I bought it because I heard their music on the UK EON advert and just had to try and find out who sung that song Ho Hey but actually this is not my favourite song on the CD ....Stubborn Love is just one of the best songs I have heard in years. I am actually very ill and this CD makes me feel soooo uplifted, what a tonic - I play it every day! I hope this group get the massive recognition they deserve they are fantastic.
on 27 January 2017
If you like Mumford and Sons you'll love this. Brilliant.