on 4 January 2013
I spent, literally, hours considering replacements for my GU10 kitchen lights and after reading quite a number of reviews on this and other products, decided on 6 of these. The difference is outstanding. I normally wear reading glasses indoors under artificial light whilst I don't need them outdoors in natural daylight (not sure if this is a common phenomenon). I can now read in my kitchen without glasses which is a huge boost when cooking as my glasses no longer fall in pans! Seriously, though, the light is very white which was as hoped and with the increased beam angle, means less shadowing.
The only downside is that it shows my kitchen needs re-decorating.

One of the bulbs has blown. Now let's see how easy to replace under warranty. 27.1.13

Contacted seller (The Light Factory) who sent me a replacement immediately and didn't need me to return the blown bulb. Excellent service.

Have now had a total of three bulbs fail, but have received replacements immediately from The Light Factory. 20.7.13
on 21 September 2013
I bought these to go alongside similar LED bulbs from a different manufacturer which are also rated as 420 lumens. The difference is very noticeable. The Minisuns are very noticeably brighter and give a whiter light (both are cool white colour) - the minisuns look more like natural white light. They are 40% lower power than the LED competitors I have(3w compared to 5w) for the same lumen rating, but an actual performance that is significantly better - and only use 6% of the power a 50W halogen uses, which is the typical bulb they replace. They are also cheaper.
on 7 September 2013
Good, well made LED bulb. 58 (NOT 60) SMD LEDs, 120 (NOT 160°) Beam Angle according to the box.
Colour rating 6000K (NOT 6500) and 35000 (NOT 30000) hour bulb life again according to the package.
Of course, these details are minor issues. The product is good and the light is bright and (to my eyes) competes well with a 50w halogen bulb. I will be lighting my new kitchen with these.
on 23 December 2013
Economical, very good colour balance; they are bright white but without coolness.(Our neighbour has the cool white version in is shower room and it's like going into an operating theatre) Mind you we have two of the cool white installed in the cooker hood above the cooker where the colour balance helps to see what you're doing.
Replace standard 50 W halogens with these and you'll wonder how you managed with the dull yellow light that comes from the halogens.
on 18 November 2012
After looking around for a while, finally decided to replace my spotlights with LED.
Replaced three 35w spotlights with three of these bulbs. The difference was amazing,these are so much brighter as the specification suggest they should be - so going from burning 105w to 9w. Went for the daylight as the room is used for a home office. Really pleased with the decision.
Now going to try a different bulb type, will stick with the same brand.
on 6 March 2013
I have always been skeptical of the various suppliers claims of equivalence to a 50W mains halogen when the Lumens rating quoted is so obviously low. I bought one of these to test (as it had a quoted output of 420 Lm). It is brighter than an equivalent 50W halogen, all for 3W. I will be buying more. Note: I bought the daylight colour temperature which give a very white, non-yellow, light.
on 11 October 2014
This is our second set of this make. We have 10 in white and 10 in warm white, 3W but really bright. much brighter than 50w hallogen bulbs. When looking at LED lights look for the SMD or little yellow squares with lots of them. Watch out for LED bulbs with tradition led's in them, the light can bleed and you can have rainbow light of red, green
on 17 February 2015
The light from these is great - bright like sunlight without the normal yellow hue of indoor lighting so ideal for kitchens, bathrooms etc. And at only 3w a great replacement for my existing 50w GU10s. Will be getting more of these to replace halogens wherever I am using them.
on 1 January 2016
These brilliant little light bulbs are perfect for using in my photography lamps!

For the price I was expecting them to be of fairly poor quality, but I was wrong! These bulbs really do give an extremely bright but quite cool daylight effect (which I find is perfect for my product photography in my dark office!) and having used them extensively for a while now, I can say that they're very durable and long-lasting too!

I will definitely be buying these again!
on 12 January 2014
This bulb produces a very strong stroboscope effect. You don't see it if you look at stationary objects, but anything that moves is like it's at a disco with the strobes on.

The color is very cool, didn't like it even in the kitchen. Feels like you're at a hospital. However, you do get a significant increase in brightness compared to warm LEDs.