Customer reviews

1,079
Format: Blu-ray|Change
Price:£7.36+ £1.26 shipping

on 23 October 2012
London 2012 Olympic Games is the latest addition to Boyle's wide array of brilliant films. It follows the lives of several athletes as they compete to the death in the biggest tournament the world has seen. It is gripping throughout and really keeps you on the edge of your seat! Unlike 28 days later, there aren't any zombies which almost ruined it for me. Not one to let a small inconvenience get me I missioned through this feature to the very end. Along the way there are a few plot twists and surprises to look out for. Usain Bolt delivers an exceptional performance as the Jamaican sprinter and his story is the strongest within the feature. Other scenes such as the swimming reminded of Boyle's past film The Beach.
All in all, a fantastic film which keeps you thinking throughout. For fans of The Beach, 28 Days Later, Sunshine and 127 Hours. Possibly Boyle's best film yet!
66 Comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 January 2017
realy enjoy watching this
on 27 October 2016
Brings back good memories
on 1 January 2013
Having loved the Olympics this was a must-buy for me, and having not received it for Christmas, I promptly logged on to order it.

One of the main reasons that I wanted to watch this was that I had been working throughout the Olympics and had only managed to catch, say the last 5 mins for Bradley Wiggin's time trial gold, and had missed many of the finals and heats for the rowing and the cycling. Now whilst I understand that they couldn't show everything, I was disappointed with the fact that the highlights are so cut back.

For a lot of the rowing and cycling finals they don't even show the full race (despite this being only 3-10 mins long). For something like Wiggo's time trial, there was only about five mins of highlights, if that. For Ennis' heptathlon, they only showed one javelin throw, one long jump, two shot-put throws, and a couple of high-jump attempts (as well as the hurdles, 200m and 800m). There was no focus on the other athletes at all so you don't see any of the other hurdles heats for example. It was the same with Tom Daley: He had six dives in the final, of which they only showed three or four. And they only showed the final dives for his main competitors. I realise that nothing beats being there or watching it live, but I expected more of the type of thing I'd see in an extended highlights show, rather than the 2-3 minutes that you'd more expect during the sports section of the news!

So whilst this definitely does bring back great memories - and I would still recommend purchasing it for the opening and closing ceremonies alone - please do so in the knowledge that you are buying heavily edited highlights. The BBC website still lets you watch the full sessions from each day, so I might have to resort to that to get my 2012 fix!
on 14 August 2014
good item; good delivery
on 16 December 2015
Fast delivery great item
on 16 July 2015
Bought for grandchildren
on 15 August 2015
I am happy with my order