on 29 May 2014
This is an ok bath mat, it has a nice bright design that my son seems to enjoy. There are only a few suction cups away from the edge and none at all over the centre of the mat (so it doesn't mess up the whale picture I suppose) which means it has a tendency to float upward in the water and I feel like it's less secure because of this.

I would advise to check the length of the mat before you buy, I wish I had. We have a smaller then average bath and it still only covers 2/3 of it, leaving an exposed, very slippery and potentially dangerous area. This is probably less of an issue if your baby is quite small but mine likes to roam around the bath, crawling and toddling around the edge - hence the need for a non-slip mat!

We found the temperature guide next to useless, it seems to be far too sensitive. When the slightest warmth is in the water the whale's fin instantly changes and tells me the bath is "too hot" when common sense tells you it's still cold! We have another thermometer we use and wouldn't solely rely on this for that purpose (not that most parents probably would!).

Overall, pretty average. Feel like Fisher Price have focused more on the design of the mat rather than it's practical use.
on 22 February 2016
This is the 2nd of the same mat i have purchased, it does say, when using oils, it can affect the grip, but these still only lasted a month with my son's eczema oils. I bought a different one for the fraction of the cost & it's still going strong after 3 months. Would not recommend this product & i'm quite disappointed as fisher price have never let me down before
on 21 May 2015
This is a very good bathmat for the children, the temperature change function is visible and clear to recognise, though i think it may be a touch over sensitive but thats no bad thing as it's always best to er on the side of caution.

I have to be careful not to stand on it when i shower though as under my weight (22stone) it tends to slip and i have had a few near misses.
on 29 June 2015
A great bath mat for my kids. They love the picture - we have to point out all the fish and whales every time we have a bath! It sticks on really well. Maybe we always run the bath at a good temperature but I've never noticed the 'too hot' warning appear. It cleans really well too.
on 25 February 2014
Really love this item. It sticks really well all round so doesn't move when stuck down.

It doesn't fill the entire length of the bath though but most of it so rather large which is good.

The pictures on it entertains my son as well.

Lost a star as the 'too hot' in my opinion appears when the water is not luke warm..that may be some people's preference but hey I never bought it for that function anyway.

I do recommend this item and I love the plastic smell - takes me back to my childhood playing with plastic bath books that smelt the same.
on 11 March 2014
I was looking for a bath mat for my 11 month to be able to stand and sit in the main bath safely whilst I shower her, Ordered this mat and she loves it, It is colourful and bright plus she likes fish. The heat sensor works too, It has a lot of suction cups on the bottom, despite it not covering the full length of the bath she only sits or stands on the mat, with the exception of the one time she walked of the edge the bath was slippery and she did fall but think she learnt it was better to stay on the mat, After we have finished I stick it to the wall tiles to allow the water to drain and she loves looking at the picture. Other people have commented on the mat looking nice on the wall too. I would recommend this mat to others if you are looking at it and considering it.
on 17 April 2013
Brilliant love this product
very colourful and even tells you when the water is to hot
good design of sea animals
good suction and easy to remove
on 18 September 2014
Lovely bright mat which our baby loves to look at through the water (inbetween the bubbles!) and sticks well to bath. No problems with mould
like some have said. Just hang it over bath at night to dry with suckers in the air and it's dry by next morning! Had this a few months now and still looks brand new!
on 18 February 2014
This is a very good bath mat. Provides a little cushioning and a nonslip surface. I actually use it on the side of my cast iron bath to cushion the occasional head-bonk if my baby slips, which it does very well. (I've got another, different, one on the bottom of the bath.) Adheres well to the bath and stays pretty clean. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
on 19 May 2014
This is hugely frustrating as it's suckers don't seem to be strong enough. It keeps coming unstuck from our bath, and then floats upwards, which of course makes it unuseable. Very disappointed. I bought it despite its horrid ugly design because it was the top selling bath mat, but I really can't see why,