Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 12 March 2013
I really liked the previous two albums by Nathan Fake but I found I never played tham as much as I thought I would. Hard Islands sounded absolutely brillaint but I couldn't get engaged with it like I do with my other favourite albums. Now this new album by Nathan has the beauty of Drowning In A Sea Of Love with the technical brillance of Hard Islands and it simply sounds superb as well as being very hypnotically engaging. This album hits all the right buttons and is a standout album for me like James Holden's At The Controls was. There are some very beuatiful sounds on this album mixed in with some excellent powerful tecno funk. I love music that can get very heavy and while being very beautiful at the same time which for me means pure psycheldelia. I also like it's subtleness and there are some really nice quite keyboard sounds on the album along with some interesting tiny electronic twists and wiggles.

I adore progressive house and both Nathan Fake and and James Holden are a big inspiration for me. I am now learning how to program Cubase at college and I play some guitar and keyboards. I just want to make music that sounds as gorgeous as this. I don't really have any other ambitions, this is it.
on 5 August 2013
Another terrific album from Border Community - & in a genre where decent full-length records are few & far between that's rather impressive.

Herein, shadow-tinged melancholy & sunlight-faded Polaroid haziness occasionally conspire to conceal how genuinely "bangin'" an album much of Steam Days actually is. Along with Luke Abbot's Holkham Drones &, to a lesser extent, Holden's very good (but somewhat over-rated) The Inheritors, this is some of the best electronic music being produced ANYWHERE right now...

Very highly recommended. :)
on 12 January 2014
I haven't listened to this but my brother was very happy with it although I did just pick it from his Xmas list!