Customer reviews

on 23 June 2015
We bought this for a fastest tennis serve competition at our village fete. It was a fund raising event and paid for itself quite quickly. Accuracy wasn't that important but it seemed to be pretty good.
It is easy to operate and was used for five hours non stop so doesn't eat batteries. Perfect for what we wanted.
on 28 April 2017
Description on line states it is for cricket use and even has a video but instructions included doesn't allow for cricket and radar seems off by at least 10Mph regardless of F1 or F0 setting
on 8 October 2012
I first reviewed this item in Oct 2012, giving it 5 stars, when I had owned it for just a few days. Now, several months later, I can confirm that my opinion has not changed.

Using this has helped me to understand how minor adjustments to my swing can increase the swing speed, and this has translated into longer distance and better scores on the golf course. I was never a long hitter, but have managed to add 20-30 yards or more to my distance off the tee. For me, the main lesson was that increasing my shoulder turn really made a difference. Golf pros will tell you this but a piece of equipment such as this really brings it home by actually measuring the difference.

As I said in my original review, I have also used it to compare my swing speed using different drivers and thereby determine which one is best for me.

I just set it up in the garden (it could even be set up in the home if you have enough space!) and it's not necessary to hit a ball - just taking a swing in front of the unit is sufficient. It gives instant feedback. It can be taken to the driving range but the convenience of being able to improve my swing more or less in the comfort of my own home is what really makes it worth the money in my book.

When I first received the unit, the instructions were not that good and I had problems setting it up correctly. However, I was able to contact the suppliers and they explained to me over the phone how it should be used to achieve the desired result. Furthermore, they agreed that the original instructions were misleading and re-wrote a set specifically for golfers, which they have sent me. Any company providing such first class customer service deserves to do well!
1111 Comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 December 2016
Timed this with a bowling machine, the indicated ball speed is no where near true speed !!
on 28 March 2017
One of the worse product and not even working properly just waste of money and time
on 29 March 2017
No instructions. Didn't work or maybe need someone with more intelligence than me . Item returned
on 18 August 2013
I tested this by checking car speeds on a local road with speed camera so traffic sticks to 30mph. There appears to be a considerable discrepancy in accuracy, recording 22 mph when traffic was traveling 30mph. Item had scratches underside, suggesting a previous purchaser had been unhappy with purchase and returned it. Annoying and aggravating. Who needs either?
on 21 December 2016
Ths Supido sports radar package has just been delivered and the product is damaged. Thecorner of the case is cracked/ split down the corner. This is a birthday present and the damage makes it all look very cheap and the state of the product is extremely disappointing.
review image
on 13 June 2017
Purchased this for a fundraising day, using to judge the speed of football penalty kicks. Worked brilliantly, with lads, Dad's and Mum's all getting involved and very competitive....! Now using at our local cricket club to assess the speed of our junior bowlers - nothing like a bit of competition.
The machine works really well, is simple to use and very good value for money.
on 6 March 2015
Easy to set up and position.

But 20 mph out when measuring my golf swing speed, i work in golf and have access to other more expensive measuring devices and my 7 iron swing speed hovers around 82-85 mph, on this it only registers as 62 -65 mph.

The reason i bought it was to work on some 'speed training' to try and pick up a few yards and measure my progress in the comfort of my own back garden, i can still do this but will have to treat the reading as an arbitrary number rather than an actual MPH reading, which is ok, a reading of 68 is still faster than 63 so my progress can be tracked, shame its not recording realistic MPH as advertised though.