on 29 September 2013
Having purchased a MAC I have found that I still have many programs on my old PC that I would still like to use. I looked for a program that would enable me to load my old PC programs after some extensive research I found Fusion 5. I have started to use it, but have a long way to go before I can fully transfer my old programs to the MAC. Initial attempts to transfer the programs have been very positive, the program seems easy to use and is looking good so far!
on 26 September 2012
My comments:

Good.

Comes with both CD and USB versions.
Upgrading is relatively easy but the previous reviewer is correct - the manual only tells half the story!
My previous virtual Win 7 loaded straight away with no issues.

Neutral

Cannot see any improvements over Version 4. So, I guess most of the tweaks are in the background or will come into effect with Win 8.

Negative

Why such a big box! What a waste.
Registration did not work.

Summary

It's a upgrade that does not have a 'wow' factor and at £34 it is not really worthy of an upgrade unless you must have the latest version.

PS: I am using it with OSX Mountain Lion.
on 17 August 2013
Used it mainly for work where my company uses software that won't work on the Mac and they only provide me with a 13" laptop.
Couple of down things that prevent the fifth star. Unless you shut Fusion down it grabs the SuperDrive so nothing else can use it. Also when suspended the date and time stop and you have to reset them every time.
Other than that an excellent product at a very good price
on 18 September 2013
I use parallels for normal Windows work but for MS server testing, etc I prefer VMware. It just works a bit better on the isolation from and network tweaking via scripting is a bit easier.
Good software and no complaints about it so far. It comes with USB key with the install, key is 4GB key which I recycled. Good stuff.
on 21 May 2013
This works so well on the Macbook Air (1.8 GHz i7 processor) - switching between Windows and OS X is very quick. Gave 2GB of RAM to each system. Tried the same on my Mac (which is more powerful) and it slows my mac down seriously. Not sure if this is just me or down to the the SSD used by the Macbook Air.
on 1 September 2013
Surprised at how easy t was to install and so far, I have tried a lot of Windows software on my MAC effortlessly. All work great! Only one reservation about the wireless printer I am using - have to restart to print when switching between MAC and Windows applications.
on 4 November 2013
Have been a user of VMware Fusion since V1. Finally decided it was time for an upgrade! Selected Version 5 instead of the latest version because I am still on Snow Leopard. All ok without any problems and now still have Windows XP running on my Mac.
on 5 April 2013
Great software. Migrating a PC of any decent size over the network can take a verry long time. Best to use the VMware Converter (free) and then import the Virtual Machine. Tip, always turn off any anti-virus software before converting.
on 12 March 2013
I bought this so that I can continue to use my apple and have the benefit of using window based applications and I am extremely happy with my choice, so I don't have to waste money on purchasing a Windows based PC.
on 3 June 2013
Having struggled with parallels for years I am quite thrilled with this product. Not expensive and super useful. I installed Windows 8 on my Mac OS X Mountain Lion. It's super fast, the Windows UI is very fluid.