on 11 July 2016
Love Kaspersky always use it never have a problem on any of my devices
on 1 January 2013
I bought this from amazon when I realised it was cheaper that renewing with Kaspersky direct. (I was already with them for the previous 12 months and happy with product) It does the job it's supposed to do at a fair price. I haven't had any problems with it at all.
VINE VOICEon 23 November 2012
Platform: Standard Packaging|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As someone who worked in the IT field for many years I have become very comfortable with Kaspersky. Norton is sometimes too aggressive and reduces my productivity, MacAfee is solid and reliable but my system boots quicker with Kaspersky and it sucks up less resources.

Internet Security 2013 is just an evolution; I can't say that it is tantalisingly better than any previous incarnation, but the interface is both sleek and comforting. It remains out there in the front of the best systems available for the domestic/small business user.

This idea of 3 licences in a box is really important for most homes these days and adds great value to the product.

This product covers all the bases and will secure your system at least as well as any other system, but it is good value and doesn't clog up your PC.
on 23 January 2013
This was probably my fault for uninstalling the old 2012 version before installing this one. As a result, despite keeping the configuration data when uninstalling, it totally refused to allow me to install it on the PC. In the end, I had to install a demo version from the Kaspersky site and then 'upgrade it' by entering the product key from the software I had purchased.
Installing the software over the old version on the other two PCs was pretty simple and effortless, so I advise you to do the same.
Other than that it seems to be working satisfactorily and providing the protection required.
on 27 December 2012
I've used Kaspersky Internet Security for a number of years now and the 2013 product is as good or better than the previous versions.

Previous versions of this product have stopped everything that has tried to get into my computers 100% without fail!
VINE VOICEon 17 January 2013
As my norton was due for renewal I decided it was about time i tried something else. The installation was easy and I am convinced my laptop is running faster. There are more screen intrusions about updating but I suspect this is more because i have turned of the automatic update as my internet is so slow and unstable at the moment I am trying to minimise automatic use. The licenses however all start on the first time of first activation so when my other one expires I will only get 10 months. I guess if I stay withem however then all will renew together. It has all the usual pop ups when you insert a memory card or connect camera/HDD etc which you can customise to carry out the same action each time and minimise user interaction. All in all I am pleased with the move to ths and apart from the pop up reminder, barely know it is there, which is what pc security should be!
on 1 November 2012
I have used KIS for three years and it always works perfectly. I recently upgraded to KIS 2013. After a week of various problems including weekly schedules that change of their own accord, and various issues with Safe Money (all of which are documented in customer support and are being addressed by Kaspersky), I went back to KIS 2012. I'm sure that all the problems will be sorted out in time, and then I will upgrade again. But for now, it's good old reliable KIS 2012!
on 26 March 2013
I have been using kaspersky for a number of years now and have been very happy with them until now. The 2013 internet security version is very very slow to load, (sometimes in excess of 5 minutes to load) I don't know if it is just me but now my pc takes forever to boot up and kaspersky is the only thing that I have changed. will be looking for an alternative when this years subscription ends. Take note kaspersky speed up the program!! As time has gone on this program has almost halted the function of my pc to the point of thinking about removing this from my pc before the end of the licence, avoid at all costs.
When first writing this review I had seen only a preview version which is close but not identical to the final version, but the final version is now available for download from Kaspersky's UK web site (existing registered users only). For new users, you will need either to buy a retail pack or buy the license on-line.

There are a number of changes; it is much faster to install than ever before and there is a small change to the on-screen gadget - that is just about all there is to see until you start to use it in earnest. A new addition, Safe Money, adds a secure browser with Kasperky's own virtual keyboard that provides a safe means to access a bank account and should be enabled if you want that facility, and appears only after a reboot. You will not be asked to input the license data until after the reboot. Once fully installed, I would suggest that you update its definition and database files.

Although Kaspersky's anti-virus engine (a version of which is used in all of its products) is not known as one excessively prone to either false negatives or positives, it will sometimes do so. In some instances, KIS 12 could report an item as infected some way today, refer it to base for further and more extensive testing, and then declare it safe again in a couple of days. For the user who may have quarantined that file, it can then be restored in the full knowledge that there will not be a recurrence. I cannot yet say that the new version will never do that, but Kaspersky claim to have significantly beefed up the engine to reduce the number of false reports. That has to be a real and beneficial improvement.

As the preview was not fully functional I was limited to what other checks I could make but there are several claimed small improvements and some new features which should add to the user experience. As one of the best and most universally trusted products of its type, and it has been for many years, any small improvements are to be welcomed.

I did find one issue and that is one I cannot currently explain with total certainty. In the past and with prior versions, any unused licensed time remaining on an existing product can be transferred to a new one simply upon its installation, regardless of the version for which that license was issued (within the same product line only). Once that existing license expires, you can then add the license supplied with the product and thus gain full advantage from whatever improvements that version provides provides. However, on this occasion, and with almost the entire license period of KIS 2012 remaining in place (admittedly with a previously unused stockpiled 2009 license), KIS 2013 would not accept that license and insisted on a fresh one. This may be a change of policy by Kaspersky but they have been rather lenient in the past and may now wish to tighten up on such issues. I now believe that to be close to reality and that my license, although valid for 2012, was not acceptable to 2013 - 2012 licenses will be fine!

POSTSCRIPT @ 06-2013

Since writing the original review I needed to purchase a fresh retail copy for a newly acquired PC - the three licenses from the updated version had been used on other PCs.

The software has proven to be completely reliable and has found infections of one sort or another in files previously checked by KIS 2012 and declared clean and later archived to a hard drive not since accessed. Needing to install an application from that drive, KIS 2013 found a considerable number of viruses and Trojans amongst the archived data. It is clear that the security abilities have been considerably improved upon those of the immediately prior version.

KIS 2014 will undoubetdly be available by September 2013 and presumably will be further improved.
[TIP: if you have a Barclays account you can get the product for free from their on-line banking.]

With many people having more than one device this Kaspersky Internet Security 2013: 3 Users - 1 Year (PC) package represents very good value.

Easy to install. Easy to set up.

Doesn't hog your resources or memory.

Simply works away in the background protecting your PC from malicious websites, viruses and hacking.

Interface is pleasant and no annoying pop-ups telling you "what a good job" it's doing.

Recommended.