TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 15 September 2014
Loaded up no problem. I previously had the 2012 version and this one runs and protects in just the same way. Since using Kapersky I have had no viral issues.
My only niggle is that it updates daily and when it does my laptop runs like a bag of spanners for around 5 minutes while it is doing so.
i.e. internet runs slow. Photoshop slows right down. It's not a huge problem but it always happens when I just want to nip on the laptop and do something really quickly.
on 10 June 2017
This would not install despite my best efforts and contacting kapersky and jumping through hoops, waste of money and I will never use kapersky again. I bought Norton which installed effortlessly.
Package Type: Standard Packaging|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I already use the full Internet Security version of Kaspersky 2013 on my main Windows laptop and I'm quite happy with it - but for our other laptop I thought it might be a good idea to get something less demanding. That laptop doesn't get used as much and is slower so I hoped this Anti-Virus version of Kaspersky might might have a lighter footprint on the system. Installation was straightforward, although the installer will check online for and download a more recent version - so unless the price is significantly cheaper from Amazon (it usually is!) then you don't actually need this disc version.

After installation my first impression was that there's really little difference between this and the 'full' Internet Security version - all the most important bits are there and the only major components missing are the firewall and the application control module, which monitors for bad app's doing naughty things. The firewall is easily replaced with the inbuilt Windows 7 firewall (which is actually pretty good) and to be honest, on my other laptop, I find myself cursing the Application Control module as often as I'm thanking it, it's a bit paranoid and sometimes blocks innocent app's going about their business. On the negative side the Kaspersky slowdown effect, which makes your PC slower to boot and slows the launching of app's, is still quite noticeable - but maybe that's a worthwhile compromise for decent malware protection. This Anti-Virus version isn't always that much cheaper than the Internet Security version but when there is a good saving I'd certainly recommend it as you're still getting worthwhile malware protection just in a slightly leaner form.
VINE VOICEon 19 December 2012
It's got a very good detection rate (as good as the other competing products), but it's MUCH easier on system resources, which to me is the key feature. It's also got lots of customization options, including turning off (or turning down) some of the features to improve performance even further.

It's also very good value, protecting 3x PC's for a year.

This years version adds Windows 8 support.

Highly recommended.
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013

I run an IT based business and need good protection from all the perils on the Internet. I have used most protection software over the years but keep coming back to Kaspersky. Reviewing Kaspersky 2013 3 User version.

Kaspersky - in the box

In the box you get the program disk and the install code with a pamphlet on how to install and set up the software.

Setting up

This very easy - just put the disk in and it auto runs. The only time you are asked for anything is at the registration stage. It is advisable to be connected to the net while installing as the software looks for the latest version and any updates.

In use

Basically you can load it and forget it as the software works on auto pilot. Kaspersky is a very well established company and the program is mature and does not intrude unless it has to. There are several options to set up scans etc. You can do a complete system scan, Vulnerability scan which shows any potential problems with the system set up and then recommends weather they need to be fixed or not. There is also the facility to drag a suspect file to be inspected. It is all very simple to use.

Data entry and passwords

Kaspersky also has a system to recognise passwords and add an extra layer of security when using them. The system also uses real time Cloud protection to block new threats

System slowing (none noticed)

Many users complain that anti-virus and firewall software slows the system. Kaspersky has little impact on system resources on modern machines. I am running it on an Intel i5 machine with 8Gb of RAM and I notice no performance fall off.

Overall

Probably the best security software out there. Simply load it and let it get on with it - how security software should be. In a recent Computer Shopper review it came out as the best security software, I can only agree as over the many years of owning it I have never had any problems from Viruses, Malware or hackers.
VINE VOICEon 18 January 2013
I always highly recommend Kaspersky and this latest one is as usual what it says on the box - great value - 1 item for all computers in this household - quick to install and seems to have no effect on any of my PC's performances, I've used other brands and the computers have been painfully slow. No problems what so ever, works silently in the background and none of those intrusive pop up messages! Superb quality and value as always, highly recommend, fantastic price. Peace of mind that you have quality, reliable protection.
on 15 April 2013
Kaspersky does it again - this is a simple to install, effective and no nonsense anti virus software for the pc.

I have no problems with it running on start up and unobtrusively in the background. I would though recommend an uninstall of previous anti virus before you install to prevent any hiccups along the way.

No system slow down that is noticeable, and peace of mind. Brilliant.
Kaspersky malware protection is probably as good as it gets, at least if magazine reviews are to be believed, so I'll take that as a given. I certainly haven't picked up any nasties while running Kaspersky AV.

Installation was a bit stuttering but that's a one-off. Well, once per PC.

It doesn't seem to have a significant hit on PC performance and runs largely silently in the background, updating itself as necessary.

As long as you're happy with Windows Firewall (and why not?) and don't want all the bells and whistles of a security suite, Kaspersky AV makes a great buy.
I have been using Kaspersky for years, never had a virus problem. its fast doesn't hog the system and works.very recommended.
VINE VOICEon 21 February 2013
When friends or family ask me what anti virus software I recommend, I always tell them Kaspersky.

I was intrigued by this version of the Kaspersky anti-virus software, and curious to find out what extras you get by paying for the Internet security version instead of getting the antivirus only version.

I have therefore done a comparison between the anti-virus and the security suite.

The full security suite also incorporates a Firewall, but Windows and broadband routers have firewalls built in..

Installation of the antivirues software was quick with no problems. Very little impact on my computers performance as usual.

I let the system do a full scan and was pleased at how quick it was.

I am now in a dilemma. Do I recommend the Internet security version or just the anti-virus?

I think for most people, the antivirus is enough.