TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 15 September 2014
Loaded up no problem. I previously had the 2012 version and this one runs and protects in just the same way. Since using Kapersky I have had no viral issues.
My only niggle is that it updates daily and when it does my laptop runs like a bag of spanners for around 5 minutes while it is doing so.
i.e. internet runs slow. Photoshop slows right down. It's not a huge problem but it always happens when I just want to nip on the laptop and do something really quickly.
on 10 June 2017
This would not install despite my best efforts and contacting kapersky and jumping through hoops, waste of money and I will never use kapersky again. I bought Norton which installed effortlessly.
Package Type: Standard Packaging|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I already use the full Internet Security version of Kaspersky 2013 on my main Windows laptop and I'm quite happy with it - but for our other laptop I thought it might be a good idea to get something less demanding. That laptop doesn't get used as much and is slower so I hoped this Anti-Virus version of Kaspersky might might have a lighter footprint on the system. Installation was straightforward, although the installer will check online for and download a more recent version - so unless the price is significantly cheaper from Amazon (it usually is!) then you don't actually need this disc version.

After installation my first impression was that there's really little difference between this and the 'full' Internet Security version - all the most important bits are there and the only major components missing are the firewall and the application control module, which monitors for bad app's doing naughty things. The firewall is easily replaced with the inbuilt Windows 7 firewall (which is actually pretty good) and to be honest, on my other laptop, I find myself cursing the Application Control module as often as I'm thanking it, it's a bit paranoid and sometimes blocks innocent app's going about their business. On the negative side the Kaspersky slowdown effect, which makes your PC slower to boot and slows the launching of app's, is still quite noticeable - but maybe that's a worthwhile compromise for decent malware protection. This Anti-Virus version isn't always that much cheaper than the Internet Security version but when there is a good saving I'd certainly recommend it as you're still getting worthwhile malware protection just in a slightly leaner form.
VINE VOICEon 19 December 2012
It's got a very good detection rate (as good as the other competing products), but it's MUCH easier on system resources, which to me is the key feature. It's also got lots of customization options, including turning off (or turning down) some of the features to improve performance even further.

It's also very good value, protecting 3x PC's for a year.

This years version adds Windows 8 support.

Highly recommended.
Kaspersky anti-virus products, and this is arguably Kaspersky's most popular product, are long-established and well respected. I have used their products exclusively for a number of years and found them to be highly reliable.

AV products can be made to be very tight and allow a limited number of known safe applications to run without question and stop just about everything else or rather slack and allow almost everything, but that can be risky. Kaspersky is somewhere in the middle but it now uses a system whereby it users data passed from users to expand the lists of safe and presumed unsafe applications from the thousands installed by its users. This has the obvious advantage in that you can be reassured if a thousand or more other users have not experienced a problem after having installed an application that may be unfamiliar to you.

I have always found that it is less likely to report false negatives where something is infected although said to be safe and less likely to report false positives where an uninfected file is claimed to be unsafe.

It now offers 'Safe Money' which is a means to ensure that Credit Card numbers and the like are entered in a secure manner within its own safe web browser rather than in any standard browser which may be far less secure.

As with any other product of some complexity, it does have a learning curve and a downloadable manual to assist. I would definitely recommend that it be obtained and read.
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013

I run an IT based business and need good protection from all the perils on the Internet. I have used most protection software over the years but keep coming back to Kaspersky. Reviewing Kaspersky 2013 3 User version.

Kaspersky - in the box

In the box you get the program disk and the install code with a pamphlet on how to install and set up the software.

Setting up

This very easy - just put the disk in and it auto runs. The only time you are asked for anything is at the registration stage. It is advisable to be connected to the net while installing as the software looks for the latest version and any updates.

In use

Basically you can load it and forget it as the software works on auto pilot. Kaspersky is a very well established company and the program is mature and does not intrude unless it has to. There are several options to set up scans etc. You can do a complete system scan, Vulnerability scan which shows any potential problems with the system set up and then recommends weather they need to be fixed or not. There is also the facility to drag a suspect file to be inspected. It is all very simple to use.

Data entry and passwords

Kaspersky also has a system to recognise passwords and add an extra layer of security when using them. The system also uses real time Cloud protection to block new threats

System slowing (none noticed)

Many users complain that anti-virus and firewall software slows the system. Kaspersky has little impact on system resources on modern machines. I am running it on an Intel i5 machine with 8Gb of RAM and I notice no performance fall off.

Overall

Probably the best security software out there. Simply load it and let it get on with it - how security software should be. In a recent Computer Shopper review it came out as the best security software, I can only agree as over the many years of owning it I have never had any problems from Viruses, Malware or hackers.
VINE VOICEon 22 January 2013
Kaspersky have been producing some darn good software for some time now, so hopefully their reputation precedes them (and I don't need to give them much more of an introduction). I've used other software packages in the past, too, so I hope I can say this package is definitely up there with the best of them, without sounded big-headed.
The software installs easily, and pretty quickly, without a stupid Q&A that some packages throw at you, and since then it's sat in the background without any hassle.
I used to find the previous version could slow my machine down, but they have improved with each release (and this could also have something to with my specification improving), but I literally want to be able to know my machine is secure while I get online, (and offline of course), and that's exactly what this does. If you need some protection, get this now.
VINE VOICEon 18 January 2013
I always highly recommend Kaspersky and this latest one is as usual what it says on the box - great value - 1 item for all computers in this household - quick to install and seems to have no effect on any of my PC's performances, I've used other brands and the computers have been painfully slow. No problems what so ever, works silently in the background and none of those intrusive pop up messages! Superb quality and value as always, highly recommend, fantastic price. Peace of mind that you have quality, reliable protection.
on 15 January 2013
This is a very good, domestic anti-virus system that loads quickly, has a top-line detection rate and is economical with computer resources. It's good value as well, covering three PCs for a year. If you use your PC a lot with regard to web-surfing/research/purchasing/selling the next product up gives more extensive internet security for not a lot more money, so if you are say a sole trader/small business,that may be worth looking at. Still, can't go wrong really with this one.
on 15 April 2013
Kaspersky does it again - this is a simple to install, effective and no nonsense anti virus software for the pc.

I have no problems with it running on start up and unobtrusively in the background. I would though recommend an uninstall of previous anti virus before you install to prevent any hiccups along the way.

No system slow down that is noticeable, and peace of mind. Brilliant.