Top positive review
31 people found this helpful
Best security suite I've used.
on 9 October 2012
Kaspersky is one of the big boys in Internet Security (KIS 2013)
I've been using computers for 17 years. Kaspersky is probably the best security suite I've used; it has a clean and easy to use interface, hiding a powerful set of security tools. It is also one of the few that can work on both 32 bit and 64 bit systems.
As with other Internet Security suits it has Anti-Virus and anti-Malware, anti-phishing and a Spam filter. It also has an effective Malware Clean-up tool. Where it exceeds some others is that it also uses real-time cloud-based detection, Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) to increase your security as an additional layer to traditional signature based detection.
KSN means that any new threats are detected updated quicker, than traditional signature based detection.
While the first initial scan takes a bit longer than expected, subsequent following scans are much quicker.
XP: 800 MHz Processor or higher. 512 MB available RAM
Vista: 1 GHz Processor or higher. 1 GB available RAM (32 Bit) or 2 GB available RAM (64 Bit)
Windows 7: 1 GHz Processor or higher. 1 GB available RAM (32 Bit) or 2 GB available RAM (64 Bit)
Microsoft Windows 8: 1 GHz Processor or higher. 1 GB available RAM (32 Bit) or 2 GB available RAM (64 Bit)
My security tips for the newbie.
1. Make sure your operating system has auto update turned on.
2. Make sure that before you surf the internet you have security software like Kaspersky internet security installed.
3. Scan your computer with your security suite before going online; use its full scan option.
4. Make a back-up of your system and files on a DVD, most operating systems offer this feature, if not Kaspersky Internet Security can create a rescue disk. I recommend doing both.
5. Once online and before surfing or checking email, update your operating system and security software.
You will now have taken all reasonable precautions and can use your computer with confidence.