on 14 January 2014
I picked my macbook up to walk downstairs i tried to screw a cap on a bottle at the same time stupidly spilt water over my entire macbook!!! watching the water go all over the keyboard cover and into the back vent i immediately turned it over and held the power button to turn it off. i then took the keyboard cover off which I'm sure helped as it gave me time to turn the mac over before water went inside. i have big 1kg bags of silica gel i use to stop my car misting up and i quickly got them and sealed my macbook in 3 bin liner bags upside down with the silica gel bags in the airing cupboard and waited 16 hours. macbook was bone dry and runs perfectly although i know the water damage indicators are probably blown but i don't care it literally saved me my macbook!! yes its harder to type btw and you never really get used to it or start to like it but take it off if you have a long type session is all i do.
3 people found this helpful
on 9 January 2017
I don't recall why I bought this.
I tried it for a few days, then threw it out. It will make imprints on your screen if you close your laptop.
It's unnecessary unless you are in a very dusty environment. So if you think the room beside you may be blown up, and you want to leave your laptop open, do consider purchasing this.
It lifts off fairly easily and reduces the responsive feel of your keyboard, increasing the chance you'll tap a key but it won't press properly.
Please don't judge me for buying it. I regret everything.
One person found this helpful
on 13 April 2017
If you just want something to protect your keyboard from things getting in-between your keys then this is good for that and the keys fit into it nicely, but for everyday use it isn't the most practical thing to have because you end up typing the wrong keys quiet often and if you type allot then you'll probably just end up pulling this thing off, I could never type with this cover on and i ended up throwing it in the bin after a short while of having it. I also think the keyboard looks much better without one of these on
on 7 November 2017
Really pleased with this product. I bought this as a direct replacement for an identical cover that I have used for 5-6 years and had worn through in places, particularly on the shift key. It fits perfectly over the keyboard, no noticeable effect on responsiveness when typing and the keyboard is pristine when the cover is removed, which I am sure it would not be without the cover. I also like my matching blue case & keyboard.
on 8 May 2014
Needed to convert a MacBook (NOT Pro) from German keys (7-shaped 'Enter' key) to UK standard layout, took a punt on this one fitting, and it just worked like a charm.

The keys feel great (as a bonus) and I don't have to worry about sticking on labels. Perfect for what I wanted it for - 5/5.

Note that this overlay is branded, with the Kuzy logo on the space bar. I didn't mind, personally, but you might.
2 people found this helpful
on 5 April 2014
A basic product that protects and covers the keyboard. The symbols are exactly the same as those on the original keyboard and the option to get different colours adds an element of customization to the look of your Macbook. One of the main issues I have with this is that does feel quite uncomfortable and it takes some getting used to and at first it can be quite difficult to type properly. The cover doesn't completely cover some keys such of the space key and the "enter" key and those keys can specifically be difficult to type with.

Overall this cover will protect your Macbook from spills.
on 19 December 2015
I find it okay. It sits nicely on the keyboard but moves very easily. Would have liked it better if it actually stayed on the keyboard, but still a nice product. Also pleased to see no 'Kuzy' brand on the spacebar. I got the purple colour so that might be why. I do recommend it but i do believe it can be improved. Also the power key on the keyboard is not the same. It has an eject icon, the same option that you'd pick to eject a usb. Not a big deal though.
on 4 January 2015
It's great, I bought macbook Pro for my daughter for Christmas and on top of that I wanted buy covers as she is clumsy. I bought one of these shell covers which is aqua blue so I wanted this keyboard cover which match the color perfectly, she is well happy with it. Although I noticed that it is quite hard to write with it, but she can just easily take it off and put it back on and it at least covers the keyboard from dust and bits of food falling on to it. :) :)
on 12 January 2015
I bought this after spilling milk on my laptop and destroying the keyboard. I didn't have any big spillages after using this but apart from anything it did an excellent job of keeping out crumbs, splashes, and dog hairs. It looked nice too, with only a tiny blemish on one of the keys.

I'd definitely recommend for anyone who spills a lot, or simply uses their laptop in an environment where there might be a lot of dust floating around.
on 23 October 2016
Bought this to prevent spillage and dust going into my mac, but then my screen started turning off quite a bit. Took my mac to the store and they said my computer was heating up because of this as the heat comes through the keys apparently so I would never use this on my mac every again