on 15 November 2013
I bought this on the internet because the photo appeared to show the dome sitting within a rim. The reality is that there is no rim and the whole item is VERY unsafe. The ceramic base is highly glazed and the dome slips easily. Also the base itself is unstable. Ironically there is a rim on the underside of the base, which is really frustrating. This is so annoying as the item is well made, but so poorly designed as to make it unsafe to use. A local cafe owner has since warned me not to buy it as her dome slid off and smashed to smithereens in the cafe. I'm now looking for a large plate to hold the dome. NOT what I'd intended.

If anyone has a practical way to stop the dome sliding off, I'd love to hear it.

P.S.

I solved the problem- I used 2 clear plastic 8mm Bumper Stops (from Wilko), cut in half and fixed to the base with the flat side inwards so that the dome sits within the 4 stops. It stops the dome from sliding about and they aren't that noticeable.

I still wouldn't recommend the product.
on 11 January 2013
first class in every way. i would deal through this trader again

yum yum, now bring on the cakes

cheers :)
on 5 March 2013
This looks great even when empty sitting in my kitchen.
I am really pleased with it. It's classic and well made.
on 10 February 2013
just what i wanted, looks great on my kitchen side, big enough for a large gateau or triple layer cake.
on 20 November 2013
For the money paid I was really happy with this cake stand. It's well made and a really good size. It comes well packaged and there wasn't the slightest dent or damage to the case. My only criticism is that the glass dome sits on top of the plate and there is no lip or groove to stop i sliding, a minor detail in an otherwise flawless transaction.
on 17 December 2013
No rim on the actual cakestand (but there is one underneath - why). The glass dome will not last very long in our house.
on 18 August 2015
Returned as the base was crooked, they (reasonably) asked for a photo then advised that they could refund or replace.
We took the refund as the lack of an edge on to hold the dome on, and the unfinished feel (just a sharp cut) were not great, and had also found a (more expensive) but also more attractive plate for the birthday party.
on 3 June 2015
The dome on this goes right up to the edge of the stand and doesn't have a ridge to sit in. It looks so difficult to get the lid to stay on the right place without it slipping and breaking (or squashing your cake) that I haven't used it. I can't imagine trying to move it once a cake is in it!
on 3 July 2013
i chose 4 starts because i am happy with the product however
-it would have been nicer if the glass dome actually fitted on the stand instead of lay on it because im sure this would make it more air tight. however i may be wrong they may all be like this, im unsure.

-few bubbles at the top of the glass dome however this doesn't bother me in the slightest. there are only a few and i don't see how it damages or changes the products.

- expected it to be heavier but its quite light..

-worth the money for sure when i set out to buy one i thought id have to pay alot more for one of this quality !

- came fast and well packed !

- im happy with it and will keep it, enjoy it and love it !
on 15 June 2014
Love this cake stand with glass doom very well made ceramic stand
and glass doom. If you prefer a more solid raised stand then look no
further. I don't think it will be sitting collecting dust in my cupboard.
This will look great not just to serve your cakes etc., I am already
thinking how many ways to use for holiday decorations and not just for
Christmas.
Service from Designer Habitat has been faultless from deliverying within
days of my order with e-mails confirming date of delivery and when I needed
to help in relpacing the doom they replied within the hour in response to my
e-mail. I will be returning to Designer Habitat first for future orders as they are
not just suppliers of kitchen ware, take a look yourselves.