on 25 May 2015
Very helpful. I had little idea of how to structure a proposal until I read this. It has been emphasised to me by my university that the proposal should be completed independently of the university: basically I'm on my own until when or if the proposal is accepted. This book made me feel a little less on my own and provided some sound advice. I'm now much more confident in what I need to do to submit a proposal.
on 29 March 2013
Fabulous! An absolute must if you are starting a PhD journey. Concise and easily understood. Lots of excellent, practical tips that I, for one, have every intention of using in practice. I'm really glad I've read 3 in this series .... all three were read and my notes done in about a day or so .... so I have a good grounding for starting my work once ethical approval has been granted. If you read no other 'how to' books on PhD theses ..... read these. In my view, total 'must haves'!
ruth
on 8 January 2017
Great for setting the context of a research proposal. Good for both EdD and PhD.
on 15 June 2016
on 4 October 2015
Amazing
on 17 January 2015
I bought Writing Doctoral Project. ..as a gift for my daughter and I read the whole book in less than one hour. It's a compact book with complete guidance on your way to a successful doctoral project. I recommend this book to those intending to embark on a project of their own.
on 13 April 2016
Excellent
on 16 February 2015
Gives you understanding on how to write an PhD proposal with guidance and structure. Also refers to paradigms with explanation
on 4 September 2015
Not as l expected
on 13 April 2015
Such a small book- expected more.