Style Name: Kettle Only|Change

on 25 February 2013
We were somewhat taken aback by this large portly kettle, but are now admiring it's features. A kettle just has to heat the water and not leak - a problem with some like our last one. The facility to change the required temperature setting is novel, but especially useful for real coffee making, and presumably energy saving. Also the peeping to announce switching off is useful. It is not as sleek as the old one, but is an impressive addition to our kitchen. The water level meter is shielded by the handle which is a minor issue. The cost was a bit eye watering, but if it keeps going it will repay us. So it is too early to give it a full 5 points, but may well earn that in due course.
on 18 April 2016
Product looks good and hope lasts longer than my other non bosch kettle.

Reason fro One star is that Amazon DID NOT include the Guarantee document for UK, only the guarantee valid for Germany, which of course is no good. Amazon decided not to have a customer service to raise such matters with them direct, as they are the distributors in this case. Therefore this product is sold for #10.00 more than John Lewis, who are currently out of stock, with ZERO valid Guaranty, which actually is in breach of the Sales of goods Act.
on 18 January 2013
Yes, I know. I am talking about a kettle!

What's so great about it? In comparison to my last kettle, and many before it, it is whisper quiet, makes my cup of instant black coffee temperature perfect AND it keeps the water warm for the next cuppa - it's my best buddy in the morning!
All the gadgetry aside, the striking design is something really special too. It certainly won't blend into the background and is a talking point for all who see it.
It's a bit more on the expensive side, but you won't regret loosening the purse strings!
review image
on 8 October 2015
Terrible. Straight from the box leaks water from what look like screw holes at the bottom.
I didn't check all the reviews as I would expect a kettle to be able to hold water? I have ordered a replacement which will take another month to arrive (according to Amazon) on the basis that I have the matching toaster.
If Bosch can't get the basics right this product should be withdrawn from sale. As others have said this is a potentially dangerous fault.
on 15 June 2016
Reason I bought this kettle is because I wanted it placed near a large TV in my kitchen and I was worried about a steamy kettle near it. At 90 degrees, there’s no steam so job done.

I’ve now had it for about 6 Months and it’s robust and stylish.
The lid flips right back making it easy to fill.
Boils quickly.
It’s cool to the touch once boiled.
And as I mentioned before, the temperature control is very useful and it make great cups of tea at 90 degrees Celcius.

I have seen reports of leaks from other reviewers but I have shopped around and you’ll find nearly all kettles on Amazon have negative leak reviews so don’t be put off by that in my opinion.
on 7 September 2015
Terrible. I've had two of these now and both leaked waterfrom the base. £55 for a kettle that leaks boiling hot water from the base! I ignored the negative reviews relating to this fault and now wish I hadn't. This is my first review in over 10 years using Amazon, that's how strongly I feel about this.
on 10 November 2015
Had this only hours so it's a review based on that time frame ! This is a great kettle size,it's quite small but boils Alot of water fast, the pour from the "spout" is perfect and controlled. It's an intelligent design that gives you options of temp which I think is great , 90 degree boil for example is good if you want a brew and your in a rush (in the morning perhaps) but you want to be able to drink it asap. I like the over all feel ,the handle is rubberised and grippy. We live fast in our house and I don't want to be pratting about with some stupid 2 bit kettle that is hard to use ,, this kettle is great. I like Alot that this kettle makes a beep tone when starting and when complete . It seems simple but intelligent. So far so good.
on 19 November 2014
I have owned this kettle for 10 months, and it has proved reliable. I wanted a variable-temperature kettle as I like green tea which is best brewed at 80 degrees C. It does this with no fuss. I have also found the 70 degree setting good for making a Lemsip, as it is easier and safer for a flu addled brain than boiling a kettle and then adding cold water. More energy efficient too. But 70 degrees is still quite hot, so it would have been nice if it went lower still.

The kettle has stood up well to heavy use over 10 months and still looks like new and appropriately sturdy. It beeps when the required temperature has been reached, which may annoy some.

I won't give it five stars because it is very expensive compared to standard kettles. Digital temperature sensors cost pence rather than pounds, and even when you have added in a little display and a few more buttons, I am still to be convinced. I see it as a rather niche premium product and so the price could drop in future if the concept goes mass market. Let's hope so for green tea's sake!
on 10 September 2014
Looks expensive and classy in my kitchen. Bought this on here for £44 so not a bad price considering the price rises to £65! Definitely worth paying extra for a good looking kettle though and it gets used often so its money well spent. The matching toaster looks nice too. Also this kettle is very quiet and u can even touch it after it has boiled which makes it safer when children are able to reach. All in all, very pleased.
on 19 April 2014
I bought this kettle because it was rated highly on Which? and it looks good. For some reason the red/cranberry version is cheaper (£50 from John Lewis), but in the end the price I found for this black model was not much more (£55 via Amazon) and it suits our kitchen better.

The kettle is much better than any we have had before. It boils really quickly and relatively quietly. With the previous kettle I used to have to turn the radio up to continue listening. It is a big kettle which is great for boiling water for a large tea pot or cooking pot, but it can easily be used to boil one cup. The size probably makes it not the lightest model but the grip is comfortable and non-slip. Although the water level window is beside the handle it is not much of a problem to see.

Some reviewers have made frankly quite overblown complaints about the bleeping noise alerting you when the kettle has boiled - on my kettle this is quite a pleasant and reassuring bleep that is barely louder than the noise of the kettle. Although it has different temperature settings and a 'keep hot' button, we rarely use these because we do not drink herb teas and keeping the kettle hot seems like a waste of electricity. However, there may come an occasion when we will be glad for these features.

Overall, this is an excellent product that was delivered quickly and works perfectly. I would recommend it highly.