on 3 June 2013
Ardbeg plus sherry.

I love this more and more each time I drink some. Smells of peat, sugar, smoke and, maybe, coffee. Tastes sweet and then there's a numbing of the mouth as the peat smoke takes hold and a dry smoke literally hits the throat and then nose. The finish goes on for ages, your mouth is still tingling 30 minutes later.

Utterly brilliant.
on 7 December 2015
I'd read about this whisky in several books and in every case it was hailed as the new Jerusalem. To be honest it is way out of my normal price range but a friend owed me a big favour and offered to buy me a bottle of my choosing, so I pushed my luck and wrote it down so she wouldn't send any old whisky. A few days later the postman arrived with the golden glow. On my first taste my mouth felt like a grenade had gone off: wow! The hit is so powerful I just had to thin it down a tad to tame it. keep it well out of the way of your friends or become a hermit. Great nightcap or after dinner tipple. It's a big whiskey and fully deserves all the great reviews.
on 6 January 2013
I'd read about this whisky for a long time and kept putting off trying it, thinking I'd be disappointed after all the hype. How wrong I was, this is the stuff of legend, an absolutely outstanding whisky which completely blew my mind away. Fantastic stuff. you have to try it!
on 18 September 2014
Wow this is the King of peat laden whiskey. Between me & my friends this type of whiskey is like marmite love or hate & not much margin in between. For me it is the holy grail I have been searching for the strongest peat flavour for years & now found it. Please don't let this put you off it is also incredibly smooth has immense depth & an exceptionally long finish which means this is truly the whiskey to savour. I am now in the process of trying the other Ardbeg offerings & if they are half as good I will be pleased.
on 26 January 2016
I have a new favourite whisky and this is it. If you like big Islay whiskies then this is definitely worth every penny. This is seriously peaty with a big kick, add a little water to release more flavours and sit back and enjoy.
on 6 February 2016
My Dad loved a peaty single malt... I researched, and this came out as the best one under £150!!!

My Dad LOVES it!!! And he's joined the committee from the inserted card. Nice sense of humour from those guys, too!
on 5 February 2016
It is not hyperbole to describe Ardbeg Uigeadail as a contender for the best whisky commercially available today.
At over £50 a bottle it is not cheap compared to some, but the product is truly outstanding making it worth the stretch.
There are no compromises with Uigeadail, non-chill filtered, high strength, no colouring, well crafted, the list goes on.
The reputation of Uigeadail may at first glance seem like a bandwagon, the old adage that popular means fashionable but ultimately low quality mass marketing at work.
Ardbeg have here that very rarest of modern product, one that fully lives up to the expectation it's own reputation sets.
People who know their whisky have pushed Uigeadail into the limelight with their justified praise for it.
What makes Uigeadail so special though, is that you do not have to be one of these experts to appreciate what it has to offer.
It is an uncompromising no holds barred beast of a thing yet perfectly balanced, no one trait, be it the smoke, the peat, the sweetness, the bitterness, or any of the many other complex subtleties within this fine spirit in any way overpowers the others. It may seem when first approached a little like 'Spinal Tap' in a glass with everything turned up to eleven, however, the balance of all that power is what gives Uigeadail it's well earned rep.
Uigeadail is a true classic, it's popularity with the connoisseurs let's you know that this ain't no easy going mixer, but for those looking for a true high quality whisky experience all you need is good taste and a glass of Ardbeg Uigeadail. Kick back and enjoy, for once the connoisseurs and the mass market agree. The only thing rarer than that is me agreeing with either of them.
Proof if proof be needed that in my humble opinion Uigeadail is easily one of the very best single malts in any price range, and pound for pound a contender for THE best.
Ardbeg are often guilty of over pricing their whiskies, special editions and all that gumph. The great thing from us the consumers point of view is that we can leave all those alone and buy Uigeadail and its stablemate the 10 years expression. The ten is fantastic, Uigeadail exceptional.
on 28 October 2015
If you like a peaty dram with a slight edge this is the one for you. Not as smooth as Lagavullin 16, however for what you get, its well priced and very very nice! If your going for an Ardbeg, go for this instead of the 10 year old, its worth the wee bit extra.
on 25 February 2016
Absolutely stunning. if you like your whisky peaty, you'll struggle to find better. This is definitely the best whisky I've ever tasted, though I don't claim to be super-knowledgeable at the top end of the market. This is definitely a good bargain at the price though!
on 19 March 2014
I read the reviews of this single malt and bought it on their merit. Oh my goodness it exceeds all my expectations!! I would recommend it to any single malt lover

See one answered question