Customer reviews

on 25 September 2012
I just love this southern country classic rock that they produce setting it apart from contemporary country music with its excellent duel guitars that have a nice crisp edge to them and also hearing every note, also great vocals & production from these southern rockers.

This is the outlaw's first studio album since 1994 can't believe it's that long, a great revival by the band but it's been worth the wait, on the first listening the track that gripped me first was `hidin' out in Tennessee' really like the guitar solo at the end, then after a few more listens I liked `tomorrows another night' then the title track `it's about pride' then `born to be bad'? Oh I give up, the whole album just grew on me, possibly `Alex's song' if any is the only week track on the album, but the last track `so long' is just a classic, typical outlaws track with a cracking guitar solo at the end! Brilliant.

Well! I would definitely recommend this album and 5 stars from me, and I can't say that about some new album releases lately, well overhyped and a disappointment, but not this album!! There's definitely a lot of `Pride' gone into the making of this album, so go out and buy.
on 12 December 2014
Henry Paul I couldn't thank him no more for having brought this band back in full shape after the unfortunate death of Hughie Thomasson.
There's been controversy over Henry having taken The Outlaws name over a lawsuit that involved Thomasson's widow but simple fact is that life goes on,all parties for all I'm concerned were 50 50 at fault.
Lets roll forward to 2012 and yep Henry with It's About Pride not only pushes it forward with strong full on character songwriting but the vocal harmonies & the stamina 3 guitar attack its all there.
At this stage I can only hope that they'll bring another album soon!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 7 October 2012
.. 18 years after the last album,nearly 2 decades,these boys have kept us waiting but its a pleasure to report its been absolutely worth it,this is a fantastic release.With Bourbon drenched heartfelt vocals,harmonies to die for and enough guitar solo's to make even the dead rise and play air guitar,this is superb.

Honestly i havent listened to a new disc as much for years,my jaws aching from the ear to ear grin i've got and my feet are all tapped out,like the recent ZZ Top disc,there's a groove to this disc,a groove that overwhelms you and you disappear into the music, where this beats the 'Tops album all ends up is in the songs, 12 little nuggets,stories about moments past(Trail of Tears),present(Nothin Main About Main Street),the South (Its About Pride) and of course several refer the the Outlaw way of life then and now , the likes of 'Tomorrows Another Night' and 'Trouble Rides A Fast Horse',hell even the sugar coated 'Alex Song',dripping in syrup and sentimentality,is excellent,substitute your loved ones name and it could have been written for you,echoing everything you'll ever feel for that special person in your life.

Its hard to pick a favourite,as thay are all excellent,not a weak moment on the disc but as a southern rock lover,i'll have to pick the title track,another in a long list of southern moments which start of slow before building up into a guitar frenzy.The outlaws have hit the ball out of the park with this one and with apologies to Pat Travers(and unless the likes of BCC/KISS & AEROSMITH come up with something spectacular) this will almost certainly be the studio album of the year.

A great return from a forgotten band,now can we please have the unreleased disc from 2010 which 'Trail Of Tears' was originally set to be released on.
on 25 April 2013
Great Album, Great Guitar Solos.
One of the best Albums I have bought this year!!
The Album is a little top heavy on treble, Still a Great Album
on 15 October 2012
Never really got into these guys back in the day, I was always a Skynyrd & Molly Hatchet kinda guy,..and still am.
heard green grass and high tides recently and it got me looking for info about these guys.
Not my favourite vocalist I've got to say but much less southern country rock now, more pure southern rock.
Great guitar breaks and well produced.
Y'all buy this now d'ya hear?!!
on 7 March 2013
This is a brilliant comeback album, far better than their fans had any right to expect. For those who miss Billy Jones, Frank O'Keefe and especially, Hughie Thomasson and loved the boys from 70s-80s, we are collectively over the moon - oh, to see the boys tour England!

I would highly recommend this to anyone who loves high-class southern rock. To be controversial, I always preferred The Outlaws to Skynyrd and Molly Hatchet. Renowned for 'Green Grass and High Tides' the Outlaws were so much more than that (although that track is one of the best pieces of music I have ever heard).

On this album, Henry Paul is on great form and has always been a class act. They have managed to keep the high-class licks and the Outlaws signature sound but made it relevant to the current day.

The title track 'It's About Pride' is a tour-de-force.'Last Ghost Town' will not leave my head nor 'Flame'. This deserves 6 stars!!

For flip's sake buy it!
on 11 May 2013
Well balanced album for a very underrated band that puts Lynyrd Skynyrd to shame. Every track rocks and if you like southern rock you,ll love this.