Customer reviews

Give You The Ghost
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

VINE VOICEon 10 February 2014
I caught Polica on a Later with Jools Holland and was intrigued by their unusual use of autotune.

The singer really can sing, but they use autotune to present her voice in a radically different way.

The antithesis of the sterile and bland way Daft Punk use electronica, Polica's is an ephemeral, gritty kind of sound that's likely to make a real impact on you (although if you like lyrics you might find the level of distortion too much).

They manage to present the style well live too.
on 30 March 2013
The title of my review says it all. I bought this after being impressed with their appearance on Jools Holland, but the massive overkill on the autotune strips the soul out of this album. I know it was deliberate, to comply with the style of the music, but it didn't work for me.

However the glorious Dark Star almost single-handedly redeems this album, a wonderful record, which shows a template for what the rest should/could have been
on 25 October 2013
This is a slow burner. It took me a year to get this band. Don't expect to like it straight away. I found that I would do something else in the house while this played, then stop and listen with a need to listen to the CD again.
I do find that bands that take a while to grow on you tend to stay with you longer. These are one of those bands.
on 11 March 2013
Decided to buy this based on other Amazon reviews (from people who had purchased similar CDs to myself). This CD is very different to a lot of the similar genres and has a full, detailed and rich sound. There are many subtleties and it makes for great listening. The only downside is the repetitiveness of the sampled singing; it's great at first but begins to grate by the end.

Certainly a few stand-out tracks that would be good on your iPod in Shuffle mode!
on 12 February 2013
Never heard of them and bought it on the basis of Amazon reviews and I am very pleased with this purchase. Really good sound and hits all the right notes for me.
on 5 July 2015
Great job. Many thanks.
on 30 March 2013
i had been looking for this album for a long time and was very pleased to see it here for such great value
on 25 January 2013
Very well liked and has been played a great deal already! It is good company when recipient and partner are planning a big event.
on 6 January 2015
Great cd
on 5 December 2012
Saw Polica on Jools Holland - thought they put a whole new slant on Drum & Bass!
I think the cd is excellent - needs to played loud on a good sound system.