on 27 January 2014
The email response I got from MAGIX to confirm that I wasted my money!!!!!

Thank you for your message.

Starting in version 17 of the MAGIX Soundpool DVD collections and audio content bundled with the Music Maker product line, the use of the provided audio content is limited to private and non-commcerical use. The public presentation of the songs is still possible as long as it's non-commercial (e.g. YouTube without using any monetisation on your channel). However, for commercial productions you will need to obtain a suitable license for the content in question via Catooh ([...]). Commercial licenses are available for the entire soundpool disc (or Music Maker content collection), individual soundpools (i.e. one single style/volume) and soundpacks (smaller parts of a soundpool) on Catooh, giving you different options to meet your individual requirements.
Platform: PC|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I can imagine this software to appeal to SOOO many different people as it is very versatile and diverse. To a novice its like musical lego, the samples (example drum loops) are layed down next to each other to form a pattern then after a set amount of time you lay down another sample of a bassline, then add some percussion, synths, vocals before you know it you have a semi decent and very proffesional tune which is pretty unique as you pick each element and where it goes so the possibilitys are endless. There are TONNES of samples to be messing around with from every musical genre imaginable but in addition to that you have virtual instrument that you can "play" by clicking the right buttons in the right places and forming a pattern or you can input your melody/pattern using a keyboard. This is when I had kind of exhausted my music making knowledge but this software is litterally like a pandoras box of tricks, Endless samples, instruments, effects, peddles, echoes, all the basic bass, mid, treble, pan, attack, decay yada yada yada. Its like having a full music productions studio to yourself to create anything from a jingle, to a full blown techno track, from an intro to a soundtrack to your latest home video, if you can hum it or think it you can create it, the only limit is your skillset at using this software and your imagination. As a novice I would find it hard to criticise this software as it does everything I thought it would and much much more and thats before I have even scratched the surface. A proffesional music producer MAY want to look elsewhere but for this price even they might want to give it a shot as the price is extremely reasonable indeed. Top marks from Magix who just seem to get better and better.
on 16 September 2013
I bought this software in the hope of just creating some backing tracks so decided not to spend a lot of money on one of the "bells and Whistles" programmes. Big mistake. As soon as I loaded the software all my MS Office documents appeared with strange orange icons and refused to open. A dialogue box came up each time saying the file had been corrupted. I uninstalled Magix and MS Office and then re-installed MS Office. Fortunately the MS docs were now all fine. I eventually found how to get around the myriad of FAQs that Magix see as "support" and found how to email a problem. Two days later (I guess they don't work weekends) I got a reply saying that my report was not "technically plausible" and also it had not been reported before. The recommendation was to start again. Needless to say the software is now in the bin and I shall be looking at a new solution, possibly Band in a Box? who I hear have helpful support.

False economy down to me, dodgy product and unhelpful support courtesy of Magix.
on 17 September 2013
I do not quite understand why the bundled music studio is not linked under the magix music maker software.
I found it very hard to get to grips with setting it up and using specific midi channels, when you plug in usb input devices they are slow to respond but start working eventually, I hope the 2014 version has fixed all these problems but I am in no hurry to purchase it.
I expect a bigger discount to upgrade already shelling out 50 sobs for 2013 there needs to be vast improvement to spend that again.
on the plus side the drag and drop bits work very well if you just want a basic toon (which I do not) its better than Ejay which I have had some problems with also, that is more related to inconsistant revised versions.
I have cakewalk for XPPro which is better but it does not work on win 7.
All these companies know what they are doing when it comes to taking your money.
VINE VOICEon 28 September 2012
Platform: PC|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Music Maker Premium is good for musicians and enthusiasts who want to get quick and snappy ideas for making music. The premium extras include Music Editor, unlimited tracks, live performer, rewire support for extra instruments and effects - and there are more than 6000 sounds and loops plus 5.1 surround sound mixing. It's easy to understand, with drop and drag samplers from Soundpool to the track. I use a USB midi keyboard plugged into the laptop - the latency inside the Magix software is very low which is good for adjusting speed when your fingers synchronise with the keys. The VST inside is especially outstanding for the bass sound. I mix between midi systems and some musical styles (ie jazz, funk, chillout) from Soundpool to give me a lot of ideas and inspiration. Mixing is straightforward, and editing from the effect template is very easy to use too. This latest version of Music Maker is easily the best so far and this software gives me more VST instruments to work with.
on 8 December 2013
For the price one can make very professional sounding compositions. It is logically designed and user friendly which helps a great deal. I already have produced and published music using this software package... See Vingeaus on bandcamp as an example of what this software is capable of. The only drawback would be the lack of a midi controlled choir instrument... perhaps that will be added to future incarnations. A good buy none the less
on 9 October 2014
I hate Magix. I bought their Music Maker 16 but found that most of the loops were inaccessible. I looked for support, or any way of communicating with Magix, in vain. I know the competition is fierce, but Magix must rank among the very worst in terms of support, leaving it - of course - to the user forum, the ultimate cop-out. If you pay a fee you are able to email Magix....I can't remember how much, but I take that as an insult and an outrage. I don't, of course, know whether issues, queries etc to Magix by email would lead to problems resolved

OK - my brother-in-law is making some incredible music with his Magix set-up but, if you're (presumably) just unlucky like me, and the product you have purchased isn't complete, there's nowt you can do about it. And they don't give a damn. One stat is too much.
on 29 March 2014
Sony Play Station 1 started me on music making with their very basic loops and instruments etc,loved it greatly.Then I went for Magic Music Maker Premium. WOW! So much to do,so little time. Plenty of tips on YouTube. This amateur can't go wrong.So if like me you just know the basics go for this package. Brill.
VINE VOICEon 31 December 2012
Platform: PC|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've previously used Music Maker MX and found its main limitation to be the absence of 'key' information when it came to choosing which loops to use for the music you're making. That issue is solved in this premium edition, which includes not only the samples loaded onto the DVD, but also access to a further 1,000 free sounds via download.

As a result, the package is hugely capable, but is somewhat daunting to new users, especially as the user guide isn't great.

I've yet to use the Music Studio package included in this bundle, but on first glance it looks equally versatile and a great way to get into recording your own music.
on 22 November 2013
Does a lot for the price, but two big disappointments. First, I couldn't find ANY saxes in ANY genre. Secondly, just about all the guitars had already been treated - and once the distortion's on you can't take it off again!