Customer reviews

on 16 December 2012
Great book I can look up the stiches and maybe one day complete a piece of lace I have designed myself.
on 17 April 2012
I bought this as a gift for my mum who took up lace making about a year ago, she was really pleased with it as it contains patterns for items she hasn't made before and new stitches to try. She said "It's great"
on 19 November 2002
If you want a step by step book that teaches you all the skills needed to do bobbin lace, then this is the book for you. Everything is systematically laid out and she slowly teaches you new skills in an easy to understand manner. She also gives directions on how to make your own lace pillow so the initial expense to starting this hobby is decreased. I still enjoy using many of her patterns after I have mastered more difficult ones. She also teaches you how to read and understand patterns so you can graduate to doing patterns from other sources. Overall a great book!
on 14 December 2016
This is an exellent book to show beginners to the beautifull craft of lace. The chapters are well written and explained very well. Anyone interested in lacemaking could start with a little guidance from a teacher quite quickly.
I had my own group here in Norwich in the Uk. I had a few who thought a long edging could be msde in a day. One lady I met while demonstrating at s huge craftfair in the City.She wanted an edging for a double bedsheet. She asked how much it would cost for me to make it for her.She was shocked at the price I quoted. She said sorry I could'nt afford it. So being the kind lady I am I told her I could teach her to make it in my class.
So she came along and quickly learned she needed more than the 5 bobbins she had.Still she came and had a go and after a while she said I thought you were joking at the craft fair about it being the most expensive textile you can buy. But now I see why.
So if you know someone who would like to learn this beautifull craft but thinks its too expensive to make.Be like the lady who came to my class to learn the craft.
She then said I can see why it is so expensive to make.
So if you know someone give them a nudge and teach them this beautifull craft.
on 7 April 2013
A very inspiring book that I think that I can learn a lot from. It has many very nice and useful patterns that I long to try to follow,
on 17 April 2015
Good book to start learning bobbin lace without a teacher or group
on 13 November 2016