on 27 October 2017
Not so funny as Miranda
on 31 March 2014
I found this book a bit strange as I was expecting it to be Miranda harts life story, it however seemed to be more about comedy and comedians in general with just a few references towards the subject however we did get more about Miranda in the second half of the book. There were some interesting facts but on the whole I would not recommend you rush out and buy it, borrow it from a friend.
on 8 November 2012
very dissapointing.It gave too many encounters with so many other celeb's.not very much about Mirander.But the photes were good.not much els to say skiped most of the book after half way .
on 13 November 2012
It can not be qualified as a biography of Miranda Hart as it has maybe only 10% in it about her life (if even so!). Everything else is a junk information with references to so many names...I have got the book as a present and managed to read first 70 pages...than I tried to pass chapter after chapter trying actually to find some facts about Miranda life...and then totally bored and exhausted I gave up...
22 Comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 July 2012
As a huge Miranda fan I was really looking forward to reading this and having "such fun". What a disappointment! So much so that I couldn't even be bothered to finish reading it (rarely happens to me that I don't finish a book). Sometimes the narrative would rant on for pages about British Comedy History with hardly a mention of Miranda herself! I was also completely unimpressed by the fact that many of the comments on which the author based her assumptions came from highly reliable (ie unknown random) people on Twitter etc. In the end I just got bored and gave up. I'm hoping Miranda's upcoming autobiography will be much much better and funnier!
on 30 December 2012
Was bought this for Christmas, plainly because I love Miranda.Found learnt lots, but mostly about other comedians! =( Real shame as this book seemed like a great idea! Sadly, I fear most, like me, will only buy as a cheaper alternative to her autobiography.
on 23 July 2014
One would think that a biography would tell you something about the life of the person it is about, something you didn't already know. This book does neither. It gives a short history of UK comedy (if I wanted that I would get a better written one), and a series of detailed descriptions of what happened in the Miranda episodes. Assuming that most people who buy this book have already seen them (or else why would they buy the book?) I fail to see the point. It is also very badly editted to the extent that I am insulted by how bad it is. Quotes are used more than once, but introduced as novel and there are frequent references to the book's subtitle "such fun" which appears nowhere but said references. Buy the DVDs, maybe some old Smack the Pony, but this book is a waste of time if you're expecting a biography
on 5 August 2013
As other reviewers have said, this book is an interesting walk through the recent history of comedy and much a recital of Miranda's comedy work. Sophie Johnson does know Miranda as Miranda's personality does come through. I guess Miranda is so young yet there is not much history to write about her!!
on 2 December 2013
This book is more about other people than it is about Miranda. I agree with other reviewers who have said that it is mostly about other comedians. It shows that the author has a knowledge of comedians, but she doesnt give the impression of knowing a great deal about Mirand Hart, something which I would have thought quite necessary when writing a Biography!
I was looking forward to this book, gave it a good chance to get going, but it just never did grow on me. As I said, I was very disappointed with this book. If I wanted a lesson in comedy, I would have looked up that information on the internet!
on 27 January 2013
I've managed to read 60 pages so far and it has to be the dullest thing I have ever read. I half chuckled once. I didn't realise when I bought it that this is an UNAUTHORISED biography. Sophie Johnson has succesfully sucked all the fun out of Miranda and all you are left with is dry boring husk of lists of male and female comedians, line ups from various years at the Fringe, more lists of various awards won etc etc etc blah blah blah. Don't waste your money. I have never written a review before but feel moved to warn people of buying this trash.